crystals for fear of flying

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ruby_tuesday

crystals for fear of flying

Post by ruby_tuesday » Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm going to South Africa at the end of July and it's an 11 hour flight from England. I'm not absolutely petrified but i do get quite nervous and find it impossible to sleep. it's not because of terrorism just the height. i don't like being in a metal box 30 000 ft in the air!

does anyone know any crystals that will help calm my mind and let me sleep during the flight? i want to feel safe and protected.

i trust my inner voice, i am strong, wise and powerful

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:38 pm

To be honest ring your doctor and ask for some tablets to help. Crystals won't work that fast, they are subtle gentle and rather slower than an immediate fix. You may also find that most detectors at airports dont  like crystals going through them in hand luggage as they can cause wierd reactions lol.
A cascade of light shone down on me, then the angels spoke, and set me free,
Cas x

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:44 pm

After reading your intro post I had another idea, please do approach the doc though as they will have lots of stuff that will help fast, if needed. Crystal wise , go for heavy grounding, the lower vibrations like Boji stones, one in each pocket, or Black Onyx, or an Angelite that is far higher and may help you adapt to the frequencies.
Cas x

ruby_tuesday

Post by ruby_tuesday » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:27 pm

thanks for your help! :)
yes i think i will get something grounding and maybe wear it a few days before flying so it has time to have an effect.

i'll also see what the doctor has to say. not keen on sleeping tablets though. it would feel like i'm avoiding the problem rather than facing it, if you see what i mean.

thanks again,
ruby

Cascade of Light

Post by Cascade of Light » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:36 pm

I doubt they will give you sleeping tablets, as you are quite right that does defeat the object. But there are plenty of others :)
Cas x

ruby_tuesday

Post by ruby_tuesday » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:46 pm

well hopefully they can help me too then :)
it would be so nice to be able to sleep the whole way through and not have to sit there for 11 hours watching awful films!

thanks x

Likes 2 Read

Post by Likes 2 Read » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:47 am

ruby_tuesday wrote:thanks for your help! :)
yes i think i will get something grounding and maybe wear it a few days before flying so it has time to have an effect.

i'll also see what the doctor has to say. not keen on sleeping tablets though. it would feel like i'm avoiding the problem rather than facing it, if you see what i mean.

thanks again,
ruby
If you're an infrequent flyer, and you choose medication to help cope with an exceptionally long flight, I wouldn't call that avoiding. I'd call it a constructive way to resolve the situation.

Now, if you were in a situation where you were frequently exposed to the source of a phobia, and relied on medication every time, I'd say that maybe a healthier way to handle the phobia would be to find an alternative to the meds.

But for this situation, I think having a word with the doctor is a great solution.

Also, as far as carrying stones goes, my fallback for emotional comfort is rose quartz.

Return to “Crystal Healing”