Help please! Are my crystals ok?

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

iain

Help please! Are my crystals ok?

Post by iain » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:03 am

I accidentally rinsed my Lapis Lazuli and Hematite tumblestones with water and put my Moldavite crystal into a bowl of sea salt.  It was only there for a few minutes, and I have since rinsed it with water.  I have cleansed them all in sandalwood incense smoke and left them in sunlight.

I have read that putting Moldavite in salt and Lapis and Hematite in water can affect their properties, and I just wanted to know if the crystals are ruined now or if I have done enough to save them?  Should I continue to use them?

As soon as I realised my mistake I took steps to cleanse and charge them.  Your help is greatly appreciated! :)

s33ker

Post by s33ker » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:18 am

They will be fine, water is avoided because it creates a film around hematite  but once dry its fine, and water is avoided with lapis because its soft and can dissolve especially in acidic water.Moldavite should never be cleansed with salt because its soft and can be scratched. They will not lose any of there properties.
Pussy cat, pussy cat where have you been?

maremeer

Post by maremeer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:50 am

I made the mistake of putting my lapis in salt water too :( Glad to know they're okay though!

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun May 03, 2015 1:00 pm

I don't believe there is anything wrong with water and hematite, after all it is irons ore and the worst that can happen is it will rust and become more beautiful. Salt though never use it, it is harsh and will scratch and attract waters in to the stone which can cause cracking and fissures.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Old thread alert!

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon May 04, 2015 12:08 am

FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY

Please be aware that this was iain's first and only posting on Mystic Board, and that it was posted on November 3rd, 2012.

EoT  Image

Talia

Post by Talia » Mon May 04, 2015 2:25 pm

I noticed the original was old but it seemed worthwhile to add some information to the thread. I am sorry if I upset, I find it interesting to read old threads.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon May 04, 2015 3:16 pm

When *eye of Tiger* locks-in on a stale thread, the thread gets locked-up <LOL>
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

ejikslonik

Post by ejikslonik » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:57 am

I cleans those in salt all the time and they are fine. Thanks

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:55 pm

Rohiniranjan wrote:When *eye of Tiger* locks-in on a stale thread, the thread gets locked-up <LOL>
I do recognise that this was said tongue in cheek or as a joke, but I feel that it is a good point which deserves an answer. Whether or not you will regard it as an equally good answer, is completely up to you to decide for yourself.

Locking the thread instead of removing it completely still allows you to view and respect the original contribution, but gives people the opportunity to reboot the discussion with members who are actually still coming to the site, and who are still responding.

I simply cannot see any useful purpose being served by us "talking" to someone who is no longer coming to this site, or asking them any questions.

Does that make sense?

EoT :smt102

Return to “Crystal Healing”