Need Help With Cleansing a Crystal

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Climbing Wolf

Need Help With Cleansing a Crystal

Post by Climbing Wolf » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:21 am

I got a medium-large crystal geode about three weeks ago from a thrift store. It's primarily amethyst with four large clear quartz points in it that have some drusy patches. Now normally I have no problem with crystals, even when formerly owned by others. But this one is a little different. At first I felt a very powerful connection to it, and it was not even a question as to whether or not it needed to come home with me. However, the next day I began to get sick in the evenings (which also happens to be the time I'm near it most, since it's in my bedroom). After a couple days, I decided to cleanse it and then picked up that it had belonged to an older woman who had had it for years. She was sickly, finally dying. A member of her family had gotten it, and it had ended up at the thrift shop. It seemed to have absorbed alot of her sickness, which was mainly a digestive problem (which was what I was getting sick from). After I cleansed it, I was better for a day and then it came back much more strongly. It has been nonstop for three weeks, sometimes getting better with treatment. I can't seem to cleanse the stone accurately, and its large geode formation makes it difficult to place in a sink for physical cleaning. I am hoping to get some advice here from some of you guys about ways to cleanse this one, since the energy, water, and incense cleansings have so far not been very successful. At the moment I have some other crystals beside it that felt they needed to be there, which has helped alleviate some of the negative effects. Any further advice would be great.

patchoulibreath

Post by patchoulibreath » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:52 pm

my favorite way to cleanse crystals is by burying it near a very healthy plant for a couple of days, using intuition to know when to dig it back up. just make sure you remember where you put it (:

SageadSynergy

RE:/Need Help With Cleansing a Crystal

Post by SageadSynergy » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:08 pm

As long as it is truly all quartz (Amethyst and Clear Quartz) and does not have the matrix backing to it, You can submerge it in salt water (I use Pink Himalayan salt and if I'm in a pinch and don't have it, Sea Salt is good too.) Just mix the salt and water together and place the crystal in it. Cover it with a towel and a note to your co-inhabitants to not disturb it. Or you can place it in an area that does not get a lot of attention. Leave it there for 7 days. No need to check on it until the 7 day time period is up. NOTE: In the event the clear quartz portion is actually a calcite and/or you have a crumbly matrix backing on it, you can simply omit the water and just bury the specimen in salt for the same amount of time. (Calcite and the crumbly textured matrix's are too soft for water.)

When I have a crystal really needing a good cleanse, after the 7 day period, I sit the crystal in a bowl of flower petals and leave it in the moonlight for 24-48 hours. any flower petal will do. use with what resonates with you or is available.

Lastly, if you know reiki, you can give it a good dose of reiki energy too.

I generally stay away from incense and sage as much as I can...I have an asthmatic cat and smoke makes him really sick. I used to sage and burn incense regularly until it fell him into the emergency vet in a oxygen tank. actually, if you have pets, I suggest no use of smoke in the home as they are very sensitive to it. Especially cats who are prone to upper respitory problems. I have found that healing with sound (singing bowl or music. If you're a musician, you can play a tune for it.), salt, Earth, moon/sun energy and reiki gives the crystal a lovely energy that I prefer. its a little cleaner feeling and more joyous. I highly recommend giving it a shot.

Don't worry too much about the crystals energy. It could have just been a major healing buddy for it's previous owner. You are likely intuitively feeling her illness, not any bad juju from the crystal. In fact, I'll even bet that this new beauty you have brought home cherishes being a healer to it's owner and just really needs a good cleanse and a little vacation from playing nurse.

Have fun! :)

Return to “Crystal Healing”