Newbie suffering with depression

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Vicky4987

Newbie suffering with depression

Post by Vicky4987 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new to the site as well as crystals. I suffer with major depression and anxiety; I am dealing with this with help from my doctor and medication. However I am also looking into alternative therapies, and have found some interesting things on youtube regarding crystals. I am hoping that this will help me as I do not like filling my body with medication and feel that they are not helping me much.

I do partly believe that my depression and anxiety are due to me bottling up feelings, emotions and keeping them in my head. My head often feels full of toughts and I believe this is causing some of my depression and anxiety.

So I have joined this site in hopes that many of you can help to inform me and steer me in the right direction.

Much love,
Vicky

patchoulibreath

Post by patchoulibreath » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:03 am

hello love!
i'm not an expert on stones thats for sure, but rose quartz was my first and it really helps soothe you emotionally. if you need someone to talk to to get out anything emotionally don't be afraid to message me privately!! get out in the sun and sit in the grass and focus on your breathing! take in the sunshine love good luck and have a blessed day

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun May 03, 2015 12:57 pm

patchoulibreath wrote:hello love!
i'm not an expert on stones thats for sure, but rose quartz was my first and it really helps soothe you emotionally. if you need someone to talk to to get out anything emotionally don't be afraid to message me privately!! get out in the sun and sit in the grass and focus on your breathing! take in the sunshine love good luck and have a blessed day
Sunshines is very good for depression as it helps with the production of serotonin of which an imbalance can sometimes be the cause of low mood. There is no cure all crystal but they can help to balance in the body. I would try perhaps some carnelian and amber or maybe even some citrine,non of the powerful heady crystals though leave them for when you feel better.

silaren

crystals and depression

Post by silaren » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:47 am

Hi Vicky, I've been recently looking into crystals for my depression and anxiety, too. Here's what I've learned so far. If one is suffering from depression and anxiety, it can be tricky to work with crystals. In my experience, I would just go out and buy crystals and start working with them. Now I'm realizing that working with crystals is something not to take lightly. Aside from keeping them physically clean, there's the work of cleansing and programing them. If you're not in the state you need to be to do this kind of work, it can block and slow down the results of your crystal therapy. My best advice is to work on the root of your depression first, just until you get to a more positive state. Each time we touch and physically handle a crystal, we are putting our thought forms and energies into them. It was something I did not know before. I believe this is why some people don't see the results they want or as quickly as they expect, especially when suffering from depression/negative thinking. Another thing to watch out for is other people handling your crystals and where/how you store them. Hibiscus Moon recommends storing your crystals in a chest in red cloth. But I think it's whatever you're drawn to. One more tip is to take into consideration the phases of the moon when doing crystal work. For example, cleanse your crystals during the new moon or set up a grid for confidence during the waxing moon. The effects may be much more potent as a result. Ok, if you need more tips, please feel free to send me a message.

You mentioned your depression and anxiety are the result of keeping your feelings bottled up. I think talking to a counselor or someone you trust about problems on a regular basis might be a good idea. Also, prayer can help if you find you have trouble opening up to others. For me, I do work with my archangels/angels when needing help with difficult situations.

I hope this helps.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:12 am

I think talking to a counselor or someone you trust about problems on a regular basis might be a good idea. Also, prayer can help if you find you have trouble opening up to others. For me, I do work with my archangels/angels when needing help with difficult situations.
Hello Silaren,

You have made an important point here. While the use of crystals in healing has been known to accelerate the person's recovery if they are used properly, they must never be employed as a substitute for more conventional  treatments and therapies which are based upon scientific evidence of their benefits and safety, instead of being exclusively based upon superstition.

Not all conventional treatments require long term medication.

Used in combination with conventional treatments and therapies under the supervision and care of a qualified crystal healer, crystals have been repeatedly shown (through mainly anecdotal evidence) to both focus and enhance the powerful self healing abilities of the human mind and body.

My sincere thank you for caring enough to mention this,

EoT :smt006

Return to “Crystal Healing”