Stone Identification

Discuss how to use crystals and gemstones as a form of spiritual healing, and for harnessing spiritual energy.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Jblake27

Stone Identification

Post by Jblake27 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:17 pm

This stone was given to me by a friend for my 21st birthday, I would really like to know what it is. The vibrations it puts off are almost unbearable at times, this has been a very pivitol point in my life and for this stone to find me  at such a time is hardly a coincidence. I really look forward to hearing back from everyone, if I can be of any help let me know! Thank you all so much.

Sincerely,
    John
Attachments
0422151014_100x.jpg
0422151014_100x.jpg (96.91 KiB) Viewed 4708 times
0422151014a_275x.jpg
0422151014a_275x.jpg (121.63 KiB) Viewed 4708 times

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

The type of stone which it is, is only a small fraction of your friend's gift to you

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:19 am

Could John please have somebody else's more expert opinion, as to helping him to identify what type of stone this is?

Hi John,  :)

A late but sincere happy 21st birthday wish to you. :smt034

Of course the choice of the type of stone which your friend chose for your 21st birthday preset is nowhere near as important as the personal and positive energy which he/she infused it with, before giving this to you as a gift. The "vibrations" which you find so unbearably overpowering are the effects of your friend having done this.

I am not a mineralogy expert, so I do not know much about its exact classification, but I can also feel the same vibrations which you have reported, all the way from my part of the world.

These vibrations are making me feel that your friend intuitively recognizes that for you to achieve your full potential as both a spiritual and a human being, you will necessarily be required to leave your safety comfort zone.

Having to leave one's safety comfort zone to be able to grow and develop and move forwards in your life can be very uncomfortable for most of us. Basically the vibrations are a strong energy wake up call to you, to be more willing to take more calculated risks and increasingly move outside of your comfort zone, now that you have reached this significant milestone (kilometer stone?) or major crossroad in your life.

No wonder then that you find these vibrations to be so unbearably strong. As the stone ages even if well cared for it can never again hold the large amount and high quality of energy which it is holding now. So the total energy presently contained in that stone has to last you an entire lifetime.

Regards,

EoT

Jblake27

Post by Jblake27 » Sat May 02, 2015 12:05 am

anyone? please

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat May 02, 2015 12:35 am

Could someone better qualified than myself please help John to identify his 21st birthday gemstone?

John,

Could your friend ask the shopkeeper where he bought it for you as a gift, what type of stone it is?

And what positive qualities is it claimed to produce in anyone who wears it?

I have been patiently searching since I saw your posting for something similar on several internet polished gem identification websites, and my eyes are beginning to feel strained from doing this for too long at a time.

One of the best sites I have seen for this provides you with a PDF printable chart which you can download as a free offline reference.

http://www.ontherockscrystals.com/uploa ... umbled.pdf

Sorry that I cannot be more helpful with this, but it is definitely outside of my main area of expertise and knowledge.

EoT  :smt102

Spiritwhisperer

Post by Spiritwhisperer » Sat May 02, 2015 5:07 am

Though I normally Can find what crystals/gemstones are by research, this one is eluding me, im sorry. it makes me think of the Labradorite family, or the like (ending with Ite) if you google search, it may show up, or like EoT suggested, ask your friend (or even go into your local shop that sells crystals)

But if you are finding the energy too strong, or too much, its best to "cleanse" it (by either laying it out under the full moon (which is tonight) burying it in clear soil for 48hrs, Normally I would recommended running clean water over it, but being uncertain on the type of stone, i wouldnt suggest doing that as some stones do not like water (it damages them)

Best of luck, crystals have a way of finding their owner, vs the other way around.

SW
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

"be the change you wish to see in the world" Ghandi

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat May 02, 2015 10:44 am

Could it be jasper? The yellow-greenish kind...?
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Sat May 02, 2015 12:38 pm

I would say jasper too, specifically oceanic jasper,

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun May 03, 2015 12:04 am

The appearance of the upper concave and lower surfaces of the gemstone are so different from each other to my untrained eyes, that its exact identification would seem difficult to impossible.

This is definitely one for the "experts" to ponder over and argue about.

I plead ignorance as my excuse for not commenting any further.

EoT  :smt017

Talia

Post by Talia » Sun May 03, 2015 11:54 am

Dear Eye Of Tiger it is a thumbstone, specifically carved and then polished to be comfortable in the palm with the thumb rubbing the indentation it is good for stress breaking.

Return to “Crystal Healing”