Father

Share your stories, poems, plays, and show your creative side to the world.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Danny

Post by Danny » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:25 pm

:)
Last edited by Danny on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:30 pm

Danny wrote:Je crois que nous devrions laissez c'est deux precieuse seule.
J'ai l'impression qu'elle veule se baiser.

Danny

Quelle domage!

Danny

Post by Danny » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:49 am

Last edited by Danny on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:17 am

Dear Ranjanda,    

Each saturday's we both are conversing some personal  interests and our posts are getting deleted.I just saw your Hindi poem, which is very beautiful . Now I am seeing Danny and You speaking in some other language. As You have quoted  earlier, Our posts can get deleted , as this forum belongs to English . One more thing I just wanted to tell u now. Just see Danny's date of birth.  She is shown 78 years old. In another thread we had conversations of  change  in Birth details in this forum.I know Our Danny's date of birth and I recollect her celebrating her birth day on 19-05 -2008. Exactly 30 (29) years added to her profile now.Really I am wondering to see this.  I wish  GOD should make her write posts in this forum for another 30  or more years as today and our forum should also continue for another 30  and  more years to come.  I know Danny cant Understand our Languages, but i know her appreciating our poetries.She is simply superb. Now I feel I must learn her language.  I will go through your poetry and try to translate dada.

Now todays question is, How many languages do u know? Each Saturday's I find posts very interesting but I find very little time as it is our week end and I have to attend number of out side activities than writ ting posts. Thanks dada for your Hindi poem.   I trust our moderators will allow us to post Hindi poems. If so we post more poems  here.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:58 am

prasanna wrote:Dear Ranjanda,    

Each saturday's we both are conversing some personal  interests and our posts are getting deleted.I just saw your Hindi poem, which is very beautiful . Now I am seeing Danny and You speaking in some other language. As You have quoted  earlier, Our posts can get deleted , as this forum belongs to English . One more thing I just wanted to tell u now. Just see Danny's date of birth.  She is shown 78 years old. In another thread we had conversations of  change  in Birth details in this forum.I know Our Danny's date of birth and I recollect her celebrating her birth day on 19-05 -2008. Exactly 30 (29) years added to her profile now.Really I am wondering to see this.  I wish  GOD should make her write posts in this forum for another 30  or more years as today and our forum should also continue for another 30  and  more years to come.  I know Danny cant Understand our Languages, but i know her appreciating our poetries.She is simply superb. Now I feel I must learn her language.  I will go through your poetry and try to translate dada.

Now todays question is, How many languages do u know? Each Saturday's I find posts very interesting but I find very little time as it is our week end and I have to attend number of out side activities than writ ting posts. Thanks dada for your Hindi poem.   I trust our moderators will allow us to post Hindi poems. If so we post more poems  here.

Regards,
The real problem is not about those that attack the ant,because that is so easy and just for the stepping!

We ALL know all the languages that we humans were supposed to know or be capable of learning!

I mean, right now as we know, ALL: Americans, Indians, Russians, Iranians, Pakistanis, Srilankans, Chinese, Nepalese, Australians, Romanians, Italians, Frenche, Canadians, Sioux, Dennes, Metis, Iroquis, Sineaguas -- YOU NAME IT! WE ALL are pining to REACH OUT and connect to ourselves! OUR SOULS?

OH AND PRASANNA, it is still FRIDAY, and not SATURDAY!

No wonder YOU are 24 hour ahead of the rest of us! NO wonder we en masse fail to follow you most times! You are running while we are just walking lazily :-(

Maybe you chose to lead the wrong and incompatible group ;-)

Stuff like that happens/OCCURS!

Danny

Post by Danny » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:43 am

Last edited by Danny on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:03 am

Never-a-mind ....didn't matter anywho.   :smt099 Just in a mood.  I'll refrain.  BLAH!

Danny

Post by Danny » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:57 pm

Last edited by Danny on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rohiniranjan

Translation in English!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:13 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
prasanna wrote:Dear Ranjanda,    
...App se prasanna ke choti see  vinnathi,   " App kab se appke Hindi kaviatha ki pravah me hame pravahith karayenge ji  " Ham ko  is ki entha zar hai, kae dino se ...
Here goes at your request:

swapnon kay saagar main rahati thi ek sipie
Ur-kendra main jiskay sushupta they kai swapna motie
Bujhti aankhon aur thamtee sanson kay jarjar bandhanon main
Ek boond prem ki aakar choo gayi anakahay
Ek motie ko mili swapnalok say mukti
Swapnalok main bana sthaan ek aur swapna kay liye!

RR - 2008-08-29

Now you must translate it into english or this will be deleted because this is an english only forum I think.

To all administrators and consumers of this board,

My sincere apologies that my poem in HINDI (not Hindu, because that is the religion while HINDI is the language but no problem because Indians call English as Angrezi, and the trend continues!) caused some anguish and consternation!

But on the positive note, I could not refrain from observing that at least one of us suddenly became younger, by 29 years overnight! In astrological parlance that is associated with Saturn's periodicity, the time saturn takes to go around the zodiac once (actually it is 29.5 years give or take, but let us not quibble over a few months in this long journey!) ;-)

The english translation of the hindi poem that caused so much anguish and biliousness was simply:

Swirling and churning, the ocean of possibilities rages on

In its restless core lies a calm virgin clam

Laden with dreams potential waiting and waiting

Dimming vision, faltering breaths as time passes on and horizon begins to move towards it

A brush of love touches the slowing heart

A dream gets freedom while a pearl gets created and so does the room for one more dream!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan ;-)

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:41 am

Crow wrote:Rohiniranjan,

Thank you for sharing those beautiful poems.  I look forward to more poetry that you might have to share.

Safe Journey

Dear Crow,

Thanks for your welcoming note! Encouraged by your note, I had posted a few others but then realized that in this forum of poets that could be seen by some as 'hogging' someone's thread or territory etc. My apologies for any such perception that you may have had ...

I find it strange that poetry and poems can even be conceived or conceptualized by poets as isolated and in grooves or trenches that are more the realities of an army at war!

Sad would be the day when poetry becomes relegated to such separation, isolation and loses its obvious connection with reality that we live and breathe in daily, no matter where we are, who we are, or what we do!

Even soldiers fighting a ghastly war must have a brief moment or two when in their nightmarish 24 hours, SOUL approaches them to kiss and to make it all seem worthwhile and noble and prepare them for the rigours that may be hours away or may hit them in the next very moment!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Danny

Post by Danny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:17 am

Last edited by Danny on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:31 am

Danny wrote:Rohiniranjan,
nice poem. I envy your mastery of the English language.
You will have to excuse me, the Raven in the oven is almost done.
I won't eat Crow for obvious reasons.

Danny

Thank you Danny for your kind words of appreciation!
How can one master the language that once did (and still!) rules the world, whether one likes that reality or not!

As the British travelled over the world and explored and conquered it piece by piece over many many decades and centuries they did something whether by happenstance or cold calculated design as they are sometimes blamed for (I do not necessarily agree with that kind of judgment!)! They absorbed and incorporated what was available elsewhere, words, food, cultural nuances -- all that they could learn essentially!

Hence, English has remained the language that has grown and variegated its repertoire way more than ANY other language in this world of ours whether we are 78 or 49 or 55 or someone who alerted me to that fact who would be today 103 if he were alive: My father!

Sometimes we forget history and just attack what sounds like a good or easy target!

It is sad and that is why only 2000+ years after the last prophet arrived amongst us (some may argue against that!!), we as humanity feel already that we are ready for ANOTHER ONE!

BUT ARE WE READY FOR THE NEXT PROPHET?

Bien amicalement et bon appetit! Pas oubliez <turn off> la poelle! ;-)

Rohiniranjan
Last edited by Rohiniranjan on Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danny

Post by Danny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:44 am

Last edited by Danny on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:52 am

Danny wrote:Rohiniranjan,

I think we have had our fill of them.
Will another come?

Predicting the future ain't my job.

Danny

mine either! Since I am the older amongst the two of us (now that you are comfortable with your age!), I will let you have the last word, Danny, if that is what this is about! ;-)

Rohiniranjan

Danny

Post by Danny » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:07 am

Last edited by Danny on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Poetry and Literature”