Why It's Only Poem

Share your stories, poems, plays, and show your creative side to the world.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kutalion

Why It's Only Poem

Post by kutalion » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:04 am

Is there any one who has wrote story? Cause I don't like much the poetry. Sme day after i translate my written stories I'll Post them here for the people who like fantasy(I'll translate them because I don't write them on english you know)

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:15 am

Oh i am sorry, this part of the forum is newly opened and i haven't got round to to sorting out short stories.  I will put that on my to do list and get right on it.  I will look forwards to reading your short stories when you finish translating.  

If anyone has any short stories they would like to contribulte please feel free.

Suzi

megan

Post by megan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:28 pm

Yes, poetry isn't everyone's cup of tea :) - but one thing that might help is to think of a poem as a VERY short story written in a kind of symbolic notation not unlike dreams or tarot or runes etc. Using the rune metaphor, someone (the poet) may have thrown the runes and that person sees what they see in them, then you come along and look and you see what you see.  What you see is the message  for you, and what someone else sees is the message for them.

This is just a thought about poems; it will be fun to ready regular short stories here also

~megan

ps - here in the US, a lot of people are turned off by poetry because they are taught in school that there is such a thing as a "correct" interpretation of a poem, and if what they see in the poem is not what the teacher sees or what experts say, then that is somehow not correct. This is sad to me because to me poems are like living dreams for all to share and when I read a poem that I "connect" to then that is my own dream for me to "interpret" in a way that is meaningful to me, no matter what other people may say.  If someone else reads and connects to the poem then it is their dream with its own meaning for them.

MoonGoddess

Poetry and Literature

Post by MoonGoddess » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:30 pm

Are we have over looked the other part of the title here, Literature can be anything written from fiction to non fiction even including poetry itself.  Do not be disheartened, I would love to read your short stories as well.  I have a few myself but am hesitent to post them as they did not start off as short stories, I just wrote until my mind went blank and could not go any further.  So some of my stuff does not quite seem finished, we are our own worse judges.

Megan mention runes but in a different context then what I am about to say.  There are so many poems written about runes, as they were use for a teaching tool.  Mmm Something for me to add to the Runes Forum, might borrow the idea of poetry for there if that is alright Suzisco.[/quote]

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:10 pm

yeah thats great!

Suzi xxx

Return to “Poetry and Literature”