Desert and its mirage!

Share your stories, poems, plays, and show your creative side to the world.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rohiniranjan

Desert and its mirage!

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:08 am

Seems eons ago that I wrote a poem in my younger days about MIRAGE and those can only exist in a desert, right?

When everyone was younger, a child of mine -- the wild one so active and playful and LIFE itself -- kept rolling on the sands of Grand Beach (do a google search! Manitoba) while the parents got concerned and rightly so (sand can *blind* you in a desert or if it gets in the eyes!) the simple truth emerged!

Who really controls the thread of life, of human destiny and human experience?

Why do some get hurt so easily, while others simply roll with the punches?

Why do some keep looking for help and succour and lash out angrily when they do not get what they THINK they deserved?

While others keep smiling compassionately?

Rohiniranjan

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:28 am

Realising that parenting is responsibility without ownership but responsibility with compassion.....like its said that they come through us and not from us.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:02 am

soulsearch wrote:Realising that parenting is responsibility without ownership but responsibility with compassion.....like its said that they come through us and not from us.
TO US for the asking/begging ... was the khulja SIMSIM!

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:12 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
soulsearch wrote:Realising that parenting is responsibility without ownership but responsibility with compassion.....like its said that they come through us and not from us.
Please elaborate.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:32 am

soulsearch wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:
Please elaborate.
Oh that should have been simple and obvious,,,

Children are not sent through us or from us but TO US!

TO US because we really really asked and begged for them to come to us, whether we remember or not!

How else would we humans be able to love them so readily and unconditionally ;-)

RR

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:38 am

Oh we remember Rohiniji...we do remember....

Sometimes it isint that obvious or simple for new young parents.

Thank You !!
rohiniranjan wrote:
soulsearch wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:
Please elaborate.

TO US because we really really asked and begged for them to come to us, whether we remember or not!

How else would we humans be able to love them so readily and unconditionally ;-)

RR

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:41 am

rohiniranjan wrote:
soulsearch wrote:
rohiniranjan wrote:
Please elaborate.

RR
IN LIGHTER VEIN
================

If poetry must startle and awaken through expletives alone
It should have been called “worse”
If aggression is the only way that remains for attracting attention
Humanity soon may be reduced to a memory hardly of note or mention
Insecurity projected elsewhere is a stone ‘cast’ recklessly...
Presuming that the storm shall ne’er return to take down our very own erect mast!

Not much sweetness around, today, sadly in God’s blue and white world...
But judging it all from a ‘distant’, detached point of pointless purity
Creates yet another dream waiting to assume the persona of an interpretor
Or a footprint on the sands of time, that may well be a mirage ...
Or soon shall become when the WAVE returns ashore to reclaim its pound of SAND!

If thoughts and beliefs are what CAN create and raise a REALITY
Then it does make sense to focus on Beauty and not the Beast
It takes practice, it takes love but is that anything new ... ?
Ask any new mother, or even OLD, Who still retains LOVE for ALL HER children, intact!

written -- 2007-04-28

RR

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:05 am

Beautiful words Rohiniji....

..I guess all of us are practicing.....hopefully on the right track....rest the faith is there to take care....like a wise soul said .." everything turns out fine"

Regards

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:29 am

soulsearch wrote:Beautiful words Rohiniji....

..I guess all of us are practicing.....hopefully on the right track....rest the faith is there to take care....like a wise soul said .." everything turns out fine"

Regards
Even if one of US is, that would be enough, SoulSearch!
Have you ever wondered why poets get drawn to Jyotish?

Well take up any OLE Jyotish scripture written by Parashara, Jaimini, Satyacharya, Varahamihira, Dhundiraja, Kalidasa, Mantreshwara, YOU NAME IT --

They were all written in verse and not prose!

Most modern jyotish texts get written in prose and so much BAWAAL and confusion!

It Figures! Yes? Baap re BAAP!

Rohiniranjan

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:53 am

Dear Ranjanda,

your poem Desert and mirage is simply An Oasis,   I can say,   in this  poetry  forum dada.( I love deserts and its vastness, as I live now In Arabia, my life is connected to these  deserts.  which u know well   and I ve seen Oasis too.in  reallity.   )   Desert Safari is wonderful experience one must undergo at least once in his or her  life time.

You mentioned many names of Astrologers and who wrote in poetic versions only. Among them I wish to add names of my favorite poets, Puli  Pani and Agasthiya ..
Then  Who is that Dhundiraja and what is his work?     Let me know please.  

You have asked  SS  does she wondered why poets are drawn towards  Astrology.?   I really used to wonder why Astrologers wrote everything in poetic versions? all these days . I feel they used only poetries because they want them to be taken more care and they wished its sanctity so that it may not fall  into  the hands of unscrupulous  people and the originality may not get dissolved. ,  so that they  find it difficult and the real values can only  be known to perfect users.   Rite?  Please explain  it more.  What is your opinion about Sahadeva "s astrology ?   Have u read them ?  I bought books on his astrological notes but found them difficult to understand and stopped reading them.
As I found this thread is exclusively yours,  I took the liberty of sharing my views over astro scholars and asked u the questions. Thanks for answering me dada. Iam waiting to know more from u now.

Our moderator Susizco is too  kind to allow us post all our bla blas  in poetry forum ever. So let us thank her first dada.

Regards,

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:19 pm

Rohiniji,
I wonder Poets and Rishis ( writers of scriptures) could have a unifying interest besides the same tool used
...Human emotions and Human experiences??Just thinking aloud.

Prassanadi,I am sure we are fine here ....It says on the header of the this category... Share your stories, poems, plays, and show your creative side with the world.
These blas blas are a reflection of our perceptions ... our experiences ...and our reality.If we can honestly  and freely interact in such an  enriching forum then will we know what is truly real.

Regards  
SS

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:21 pm

Thanks  dear sister for your views and  I accept with u fully now.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:25 pm

prasanna wrote:...Our moderator Susizco is too  kind to allow us post all our bla blas  in poetry forum ever. So let us thank her first dada...[/quote]

So let us not test her patience...

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:38 pm

Dear  Ranjanda,

Ok,   agreed, let us not test her patience further. But  U must answer me in separate thread please. Rite?

Regards,

Return to “Poetry and Literature”