The Sun who couldn't bear his own heat is melting away

Share your stories, poems, plays, and show your creative side to the world.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Jayashree Ravi

The Sun who couldn't bear his own heat is melting away

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:04 pm

தன் வெப்பம் தனக்கே தாங்காத சூரியன்
பெருகி வழிந்து ஓடுகிறான் வியர்வையாக
அந்த சூரிய வியர்வையே கடல் நீரில் கலந்து
பொன்னொளிர்கிறதோ இம்மாலை வேளையிலே
இதை பார்த்தனர் அம்மேக மங்கைகள்
சிறைப்பிடித்தனர் வெப்பத்தில் மேலேறிய வெந்நீரை
இப்படி வெப்பமாகிய மேகங்களின் தண்ணீர் கர்பத்தில்
உண்டாகியதோ மாலை என்னும் மேக மஞ்சள் உலா

Sun, who couldn't bear his own heat
Is melting away in the form of sweat
That sweat from the Sun is mixed with the sea water
And colors the sea golden in this evening time
The cloud maidens who have been watching this
Trapped the evaporated hot water which went up
Thus formed the pregnancy of clouds with the hot water
And is this how this evening yellow cloud parade got formed?
Attachments
golden sunset.jpg
golden sunset.jpg (71.25 KiB) Viewed 2577 times
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Combining your poems with an appropriate picture

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:32 am

Dear Sister and Friend, :smt049

Thanking you again for another of your many wonderful contributions to these MB forums.

Your poems are undoubtedly becoming increasingly deeper and more beautiful and more meditative, as you write more of them.

After reading through this poem several times, the photo of the sunset takes on a much greater significance as being something sacred and deeply personal to anyone who is sensitive to the spiritual world around them.

It is as though your poetry conditions your readers minds to be more willing open up to the real possibility that what we see, hear or feel around us with our physical senses is only a tiny fraction of all which exists below the surface of consciousness.

You definitely have a rare and precious spiritual gift as a poet and communicator of deep truths about the human psyche.

So please stop doubting that you are making a valuable contribution to this community, or that your poems are not being seen and appreciated.

It can take more time for some people than for others to recognise that the deeper messages contained within your words are just what they are needing to hear at this particular moment in their lives.

Most of us have a fairly good idea about what we want out of life, but what we need for our spiritual growth and development is frequently much more of a mystery. Readings and the Universe tend to give us what we need, which is often what we think we do not want.

This entire series of thoughts was triggered off or started in me by my reading of your poem, and by me meditating upon the image of the sunset.

An extremely powerful combination in my opinion, which significantly enhances and magnifies the individual thought and mood altering effects of each of its two parts.

Could I therefore please respectfully suggest to you that you might use this information in your future poetry, for a greater effect in bringing about the positive shift of consciousness which you are intending to create in the minds of your readers?

Blessings in abundance,

EoT  :smt007

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Tue May 03, 2016 11:57 am

EoT ji,

Thank you for the kind words and wonderful message.... you don't know how much your appreciation means to me. Feels really wonderful to hear from you...

I will definitely try to incorporate a picture in all future poems I write.

It so happened that there is a facebook group dedicated to Tamil contributions and in that they posted a quiz with a similar picture and asked people to contribute their poetry in response. I missed that competition but later came to know that through a friend. When I took a look at the picture, (which was similar), I immediately thought of writing a few lines... it was fun to write a simple poem for a picture. That was my first experience to write a poem for a picture.

The fun continues... these days I'm searching for meaningful pictures in google and trying to think of a few lines.

I'm so glad you enjoyed this poem. I will gradually post all that I have written in the form of short poems in these pages, although many are not really 'up-to-the-mark' and are rather rudimentary expressions of thought, not very poetic. But I will nevertheless upload them here, just for fun.

Thank you and many blessings in return,

Jayashree
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Return to “Poetry and Literature”