Question god cannot answer

Share your stories, poems, plays, and show your creative side to the world.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Jayashree Ravi

Question god cannot answer

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Fri May 13, 2016 7:57 pm

படைப்பின் எல்லை:
----------------------------------
ஒருநாள்.. இறைவனும் என்முன் தோன்றினான்
அவனிடம் கேட்டேன் அதிகமே வினா
அளவற்ற பொறுமையே குறைவற்ற செல்வம்
அயராத உழைப்பே அதிசயிக்கத்தக்க அறிவு
அன்பார்ந்த பெருந்தன்மையே பணிவான பிள்ளைகள்
அளவுடன் ஆசைகளே நோயற்ற வாழ்வு
அடங்கிய சினமே பேச்சில் வல்லமை
மாசில்லா உளத்தூய்மையே மதிமயங்கவைக்கும் அழகு
பரிவான ஈகையே பெரிதான நட்புவட்டம்
குன்றாத பக்தியே இறுதியில் மோட்சம்
என்று எல்லாவற்றிற்கும் விடை தந்த இறைவன்
படைப்பின் எல்லை என்ன என்ற என் கேள்விக்கு
ஏனோ விடை கொடுக்க மறுத்தான்?

Oneday... god appeared in front of me
I asked him a lot of questions
Limitless patience is abundant wealth
Tireless work is remarkable intelligence
Loving forebearence is obedient children
Limited desires is life free of diseases
Subdued anger is excellence in speech
Impeccable purity of heart is extraordinary beauty
Merciful charity is expansive friend circle
Marvelous devotion is freedom from birth cycle
Said god, giving answers to all that I asked
But when I asked him about the end of creation
For some reason, he refused to answer?
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Fri May 13, 2016 9:33 pm

Sister,

Could it possibly be that God is not refusing to answer your question, but instead it is because the exact timing of the end of creation already potentially exists within each and every living soul currently inhabiting this planet?

When enough of our species rediscover that God and Heaven have always existed within us and still do, then there will be a chain reaction or cascading effect ending when all souls will know this at the same time (simultaneously).

When this aha moment eventually comes to pass, and even at effectively less than one second to midnight not one single soul will expect this to happen, and only then the end of creation will be near at hand.

Does the Christian Bible not say that the end of days will come as a thief in the night?

When it is least expected.

Anyone who tells you that they have prior knowledge of precisely when that will be is either fooling him or herself, or alternately is attempting to trick us into believing that they alone know when the universe will come to a final conclusion, for reasons mainly to do with their own ego (money and power).

Namaste,

EoT  Image

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Sun May 15, 2016 10:09 pm

EoT ji, I only partially understood what you are trying to say. Yes, it is very correct that we are all possessing the ability to end our lifetime(s) on this planet and when enough of us come to think of it seriously, its effect will cascade on to those others and we will all become an able community then... of believers who will bring a blissful end to their own creation.

I am running short of ideas for my poems. So these days I am just trying to 'poemize' just about any thought and the one given in OP, is one such... I won't call it a poem but just ruminating on the thought.

Coming back to end of times, this poem came forth from the reason that I wonder god who is capable of anything and everything (or so do we believe), why does not let the process of creation stop for once and all, just so that individuals do not carry the burden of redeeming themselves?
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Mon May 16, 2016 12:02 am

Coming back to end of times, this poem came forth from the reason that I wonder god who is capable of anything and everything (or so do we believe), why does not let the process of creation stop for once and all, just so that individuals do not carry the burden of redeeming themselves?
Sister,

Please note that I am not saying the following out of any disrespect for anyone (including your very good self) or his or her religious beliefs. What I have written below presents my current imperfect understanding about this subject, and especially my own conflicting thoughts and confusion about what many religions seem to be teaching us when compared to what I am feeling and observing in my own life.  

While it is true that life can be a burden for those souls who do incarnate on this planet, God cannot simply stop creating for even a moment for if God did that he/she would no longer be the creator without his/her creation.

There is no pause button here.

Many religions talk about the burden of redeeming ourselves. The simple definition of redeeming is to to make something that is bad, unpleasant, etc. better or more acceptable (Merriam Webster Dictionary). So religions are basically saying that we are bad and unpleasant in the sight of the One who created us, and that in order to make ourselves more acceptable we must undergo what amounts to a prison sentence with hard labour and endless pain on this planet (during one miserable life after another).

Why the Creator would create something bad, unpleasant and unacceptable even to him or herself is anyone's guess. This miserable concept goes hand in hand with the idea that Karma is a system of punishment and reward, and that therefore we are being punished by being sent here again and again, until we hopefully and eventually get or do it right.

And yet we are told that we are all God's children, and that he loves us equally and unconditionally. And that any suggestion that we were ever separated from our Creator is a cruel illusion.

I am aware that religious scholars and theologians have grappled with these conflicting teachings for many centuries, and I admit that my understanding of these writings may be far short of being perfect. Similarly I do not claim to possess any logical evidence that the religious teachers are wrong.

But my gut or heart feelings do not agree with what we are being told by the religious commentators is the main purpose for being here on this planet, at this particular point in the Earth's and our own soul's history.

What if we instead viewed the Earth and our physical existence of a type of cosmic classroom where we have come through our own unconscious choice as well as the decisions of more advanced beings who continue to watch over us not to punish or make this life an unbearable burden. The physical universe, planet and our bodies have been created in order to teach us important lessons about life and love which cannot be easily taught anywhere else (or through any alternative method).

And some of the most important lessons of all are that WE ARE ALL ONE, AND UNCONDITIONALLY LOVED BY OUR CREATOR. AND THAT WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN FREE WILL TO CHOOSE THE PATH WHICH WE WILL TAKE TO REDISCOVERING THAT A PART OF GOD EXISTS WITHIN EACH AND EVERYONE OF US. LOVE IS THE ULTIMATE EXPRESSION OF WHO GOD IS AND HOW WE CAN LEARN TO BE MORE LIKE HIM. THIS BEAUTIFUL BLUE SPHERE HAS BEEN GIVEN TO EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US US TO CARE FOR AND TO DRAW NOURISHMENT FROM. PHYSICAL DEATH IS ONLY A TRANSITION FROM ONE PHASE OF LIFE INTO THE NEXT.

Just imagine how different things would be and how much more pleasant life on Earth would be if more people believed in and acted upon these beliefs, when compared to the version which is being presented to us of seven billion plus convicts serving a life sentence for being bad, unpleasant, unloved and unacceptable to the One who created them. I am not saying that evil does not exist in both this world and the next, but most of us are basically good and decent people doing the very best with whatever hand of cards life has dealt us. Why then have we appointed ourselves as our own judge, jury and executioner?

Why should we all have to go through life which can be difficult enough at times with the extra burden of such pessimistic and diSPIRITing teachings, when God has a much more positive and loving plan for us which involves shining our own inner light into the darkness, and treating each other in a much more civilized and tolerant and compassionate manner?

As you can plainly see from the above I am presently reexamining my spiritual beliefs and the value of learning to love myself and other people more than I have done in the past. So your poem/thoughts have given me the opportunity or permission to make my own thoughts about why I believe that we are all here more well known to members of Mystic Board. I thank you with great appreciation and sincerity for doing me this favour.

Plus the fact that having intuitive abilities does not automatically excuse a person from experiencing self doubt or having challenges of their own to deal with. And being intuitive or psychic does not give you all the answers. Indeed this path often gives you more questions than it does give you clear answers.

Namaste,

EoT  Image

Return to “Poetry and Literature”