A question...

Music soothes your soul like nothing else can.This is the right place to talk about your favourite music...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Skyye

A question...

Post by Skyye » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:00 pm

Hello all :)

I absolutely love music and I love finding songs, whether instrumental, classical, modern, you name it, that just have such a haunting sound to it, that if gives me chills.

So, what I'd like to know, what songs out there give you goosebumps whenever you hear it? Whether it be from the singer's strong voice, the lyrics, the melody, anything...

I'm looking forward to your responses and I'm hoping I'll be introduced to some new songs and that you may find my list interesting, I have a broad range of taste from classical to grunge to rock..

Just a few of my favorites:
Mozart's Lacrimosa
Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata
Carl Orff's Carmina Burana composition (Latin is such a powerful language)
Enya - Fire and Ice
The Beatles - Because
The Tea Party - Psychopomp
Sarah Mclachlan - Angel (this song meant nothing to me until June 2005, as it was played at a wake of someone very close to me; Now when I hear it, it takes my breath away)
Evanescence also has a few that I love listening to, like "Hello" and "Like You".. Amy Lee has a beautiful voice; she also did her own Lacrimosa on their newest album, which doesn't have the same effect on me, but it's still lovely :)

Evie

Post by Evie » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:50 pm

:smt020    My favorite Musician Is Leonard Cohen.

Leonard is a Canadian Poet/songwriter/singer  extraordinare

There is something special in every song of his....
just for me .... no matter if things or going good or not.
He is spiritual and rebellious.  
He understands the human condition.
When I  Meet another Leonard Cohen fan ...
We have something in common,
a favorite song  that addresses a part of our soul
that has been wounded... and healed by Leonard
He offers forgiveness for the self ... and new beginnings
and doesn't forget about the child within
He understands ... this makes one feel less alone....  

and reminds us to dance.

I love Leonard Cohen  

P E A C E
Evie

Skyye

Post by Skyye » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:25 am

He sounds wonderful, I will have to look him up, thank you for responding, Evie and it's nice to meet you! :)

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:20 am

My fave song, is an elton john song called song for guy.
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

sharpenup

Post by sharpenup » Mon May 14, 2007 2:06 am

I have lots of different types of music that I love and also love to hear new songs.

Here are a few that I love at the moment , they are on youtube.  Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSuL9JB- ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE6BuYdA ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL-FiS1y ... ed&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSuL9JB- ... ed&search=

flight _of_angelwings

Re: A question...

Post by flight _of_angelwings » Mon May 14, 2007 8:11 am

Skyye wrote:Hello all :)

I absolutely love music and I love finding songs, whether instrumental, classical, modern, you name it, that just have such a haunting sound to it, that if gives me chills.

So, what I'd like to know, what songs out there give you goosebumps whenever you hear it? Whether it be from the singer's strong voice, the lyrics, the melody, anything...

I'm looking forward to your responses and I'm hoping I'll be introduced to some new songs and that you may find my list interesting, I have a broad range of taste from classical to grunge to rock..

Mozart's Lacrimosa
Enya - Fire and Ice
The Beatles - Because
Sarah Mclachlan - Angel (this song meant nothing to me until June 2005, as it was played at a wake of someone very close to me; Now when I hear it, it takes my breath away)
Evanescence also has a few that I love listening to, like "Hello" and "Like You".. Amy Lee has a beautiful voice; she also did her own Lacrimosa on their newest album, which doesn't have the same effect on me, but it's still lovely :)
Hey Skyye

Do you have the song from Sara....with the worde
Im the arms of an angel.......if not then its real easy to find.  It is on the net to listen to on a website but the song is off the soudntrack 'City of Angels'

I love the song also it is beautiful.  I never took any notice until here on Australian Idol a girl from canberrs sang it and it was beautiful so much so that  actually liked it more than Sarah one.

It is more all time fav song........I use it when meditating.....and when connecting....
Let me know if you  dont have the song.  I'd be more than happy if you cant find it to send you a copy!

MissEm

Post by MissEm » Tue May 15, 2007 12:52 am

I love Stay by Shakespeare's Sister
O    O
   oo
**___**

almqvist

Post by almqvist » Sun May 27, 2007 2:13 am

jeff buckley - lover, you should come over

silverphoenixwillow

songs

Post by silverphoenixwillow » Sun May 27, 2007 2:51 am

Wendy Rule          check her out  her circle song is awesome
she is on myspace  under wendy rule
or has a web page.....    www.wendyrule.com
her music is magical
blessed be )O( love and light

Skyye

Re: A question...

Post by Skyye » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:05 am

flight _of_angelwings wrote:
Skyye wrote:Hello all :)

Mozart's Lacrimosa
Enya - Fire and Ice
The Beatles - Because
Hey Skyye

Do you have the song from Sara....with the worde
Im the arms of an angel.......if not then its real easy to find.  It is on the net to listen to on a website but the song is off the soudntrack 'City of Angels'

I love the song also it is beautiful.  I never took any notice until here on Australian Idol a girl from canberrs sang it and it was beautiful so much so that  actually liked it more than Sarah one.

It is more all time fav song........I use it when meditating.....and when connecting....
Let me know if you  dont have the song.  I'd be more than happy if you cant find it to send you a copy!
Boy am I long overdue on responding to your post, Flight.. *giggles*

I do have Sarah McLachlan's Angel, it's pretty much everywhere I can listen to music now; PC, laptop, iPod... just something else to remind me of my sister :)

Thank you, dear one!

Warm hugs..

-Skyye

P.S. - Silver, I checked out Wendy Rule, thank you for mentioning her.. She's got an amazing voice! Think I have a couple new CDs to add to my collection..  :smt003

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:47 am

My current fav. is by Kevin Bloody Wilson, 'Why won't Rolf Harris just f**k Off and Die.'
For those who don't know Rolf, he is actually a good painter but he has inflicted such classic songs as 'Tie me kangeroo down sport,' '2 Little boys,' and of course the infamous cover of 'Stairway to heaven,' on his wobbleboard.

nannybobi

Goosebump Music

Post by nannybobi » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:28 am

The music I find very soothing is christian music, contempory and worship.  There is a song the David Crowder sings called, "Only You".  It talks about how there is no one around but him and the Lord.  Everytime I hear that song I just kind of look around to see if I can see him, I know he is with me but I would like a glismp of him.  Another one I really like is from Natalie Mullins, I believe, and the name of that one is, "Call On Jesus".  There are so many of them that just takes my heart and fill it up with joy, peacefullness, and safety that I really can't name them all.
For I don't walk alone, the Lord is always with me.

Docbrown17

Post by Docbrown17 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:53 pm

My two all-time favorite genres of music are Oldies (1950s-1980s), and instrumental film soundtracks.
Every song that John Williams has written is amazing, and I truly mean that. He wrote the film scores for the first three Harry Potter films, Superman, Star Wars, Hook, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, etc. I highly recommend him.

net net

the beatles yeah yeah yeah yeah

Post by net net » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:06 am

i love my Beatles. they were the best of all time. my favorite song of all time is my favorite Beatle song, "HEY JUDE".  THE BEATLES RULES, YEAH! YEAH!

Mali

Post by Mali » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:57 pm

There is a lot of music I like and it differs in style.
It can be soft rock as well as celtic music, it really depends on my mood and also if the song is good.

Every song i will like give such feelings, each in there own way.
Anyway this is a little list of my favourite songs/music:

Regret by Gackt of Alice Mizer(it's a japanese rock band but this music in particular is just wonderful)
Eyes on Me-Faye Wong
You're my ecstasy-ATB
The second you sleep-Saybia
Graceland-Kashmir
U-turn-Aaron
A moment of piece-The Gregorian
Last Request-Paolo Nutini

and a lot more.....^_^
Birth is a miracle...and even death

Return to “Music”