No Music No Life!!!!

Music soothes your soul like nothing else can.This is the right place to talk about your favourite music...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

sinnamon

No Music No Life!!!!

Post by sinnamon » Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:00 am

Well I worked at Tower Records for 2yrs. And was there when it shut it's doors in december 2006. That was a very sad day for all of us who worked there. Even the company that bought us out sent down a liquidator. And he to was sad when we all said good bye. But I will always remember the laughs the discussions about the latest movies. And of course the music. I was in charge of the dance and electronica section. When I first started there. All my co-workers were all betting that I was into the whole hip hop and R&B thing. But it was to their surprise that I was not. As the years went on I got to learn more about the music that I loved and of course all the different genres that the other music loving workers loved also. There was so much music and history that I never really even thought about until I worked there. I learned about the different types  of catorgories like drum and bass electronica fusion and techno industrial. I learned... Yes learned how to listen to music and open my ear to different types instead of just one genre. And now I can conversate about any type of music even classical and opera belive it or not. I'm so glad that I got to work at a place like Tower records/Video. Not only that now Music is a big part of my life and that it helps me in any type of mood I am in but it also gives me knowledge on what is going on in the world today and hear and listen to how talented young,and old artist express their feelings publicly to the world. Just like how we are now. There is so much history and truth behind music. And I'm just honored and grateful that I had the chance to actually experience that with all the people that I got to meet and also work with. To all my fellow tower brothers and sisters, Thank you for teaching me as well as eachother about our love and views on the music world and our passion for it. Love all of you and you all will always be in my heart....thank you and be bless...
Me Myself And I alone

tamburix

tambura

Post by tamburix » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:42 pm

I play "tambura". It's Croatian national music instrument. Something as balalaika in Russia or busuki in Greek.

Return to “Music”