just wondering

Music soothes your soul like nothing else can.This is the right place to talk about your favourite music...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

what do you want to listen to?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:29 am

a sad meaningful song
No votes
a very fast tempo hyper song!!!
50%
a slow hypnotic ambient song
50%

Total votes: 2

underestimatedGEM

just wondering

Post by underestimatedGEM » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:29 am

i just got wondering about what music you prefer.

hemingway14

What Music You Prefer?

Post by hemingway14 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:11 am

It depends on the mood I'm in at the time.  But when I write I prefer listening to Mahler or other classical composers.  I prefer early Pink Floyd, the Eagles, and 70's-80's rock when I'm not working though.  And I prefer to avoid music where the lead singer sounds like he's screaming into the mic.  In my opinion it's no different than listening to a preacher preach

Utopian47

What do you want to listen too...

Post by Utopian47 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:38 pm

I like them all. Sometimes I may be in a mood that makes me like one over the other for a short time but for the most part I love variety in music and there are no genres that I don't have at least one song I like.

Crow

Post by Crow » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:34 am

There are many bands that I like.  Most people find it strange that I would listen to the variety of groups that I do.

When I am cleaning or studying for tests I listen to anthying with a fast pace beat.  Brings ALOT of energy.

When I am depressed I listen to any music with a fast steady pace.  Lyrics need to be watched, there can not be any sad, depressing songs.  Although I could relate to them, they can make my sadness greater.

When I feel lost, or afraid, I listen to one of my fav's, Enigma.  

With anger I find a slow to medium beat helps me to calm down after having a very stress filled day.

And when I am happy, I listen to whatever I feel like at the time.

My Bands include:  Nine Inch Nails, Rush, Ozzy, Enigma, Smashing Pumpkins, Nickelback, Journey ;), David Bowie, Classical, Van Halen (Hagar), The Cranberries, Fleetwood Mac, Jimmy Hendrix, Elton John, Zombie, Lenny Kravitz, there are too many to list.

I chuckle about the screaming hemingway...  Sometimes the screaming is what I feel inside, by listening to it, I find the release.  Since I am not able to just go and scream without looking like a loon.  ;)  Other times when I listen to the screaming, it causes headaches so I usually do not listen to it unless I need to help with release.  As I mature I found other methods.

skywatcher3

Just wondering

Post by skywatcher3 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:46 pm

My choices are like Hemingways.     All sorts except Alternate and religious. But not sure if Hemingway likes religious. Bye.

demoness

Post by demoness » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:51 pm

definitely not a sad song...except a great aria.....

uptempo or ambient...depending on my mood....

ammo

Post by ammo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:50 am

For me it all depends on the lyrics. Sometimes music just has a way of saying what you wish you could. Usually I end up listening to sad, slow songs or hardcore metal.

Return to “Music”