Anyone Like Jpop, Rrock, Rpop, Jrock, Telepopmusik? Yuki Kajiura? Utada Hikaru?

Music soothes your soul like nothing else can.This is the right place to talk about your favourite music...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

britishfish

Anyone Like Jpop, Rrock, Rpop, Jrock, Telepopmusik? Yuki Kajiura? Utada Hikaru?

Post by britishfish » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:57 am

Hello, My question on the forum, is does anyone like Utada Hikaru? Japanese Pop Music, Russian Pop Music, Japanese Pop, Russion Pop, The Cranberries, Finger Eleven, Telepopmusik, the song Seasons of Love? Would love to know. If you don't like them, please feel free to tell me why not and what your favoirte music is! Can't wait to here!!!

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:38 pm

If I lime wire one ..tell me what one then I will see if I like it .. I like all types of music .. It just depends on my mood.

I love pop when I am cleaning ..and I love it LOUD!

Radicalpatriot

Introducing ... Hello Project

Post by Radicalpatriot » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:31 am

J-pop, or Japanese popular music, is a huge universe of sound and wonder that, in my view, dwarfs anything here in the States where I live, or in Europe. Among the hottest and most sensational of these groups is a massive all-female company, Hello Project, which is completing its 10th anniversary celebration this month.

In a word, Hello Project is astonishing. The 60-girl troupe is divided into what I term, for simplicity's sake,  "varsity," "junior varsity" and "freshman" teams. The singer-dancers range in age from 8 to the late 20s.

The varsity is Morning Musume,  Momusu for short. This is a seasoned dance troupe, average age about 17, and amazing singing talent, though the color and motion supercedes the sound. The JV team is called Berryz Kobo, in existence as a Hello Project unit since 2004. Berryz, with seven girls averaging age 15, played its first arena concert in April of this year in Japan. The freshman team is C-ute, younger still, average age 13, and formed in 2005. Right now in Japan, C-ute is one of the hottest acts in the country. The group won a Japan Music Award for best new artist in 2007.

Hello Project "Eggs" are primarily trainees, from which Berryz and C-ute originally sprang in the early 2000s when they were known simply as the "Hello Project Kids." Thousands of Japanese girls audition annually for the handful of openings that occur. Tsunku, a noted composer whose brilliant songs dominate the company, composes 100 songs a year on average and releases about half that many through his various groups and sub-groups.

The units have their separate concert tours, singles and albums. But twice a year, in January and July, they get together for a massive joint concert, usually at Yokohama Arena in winter and Saitama Super Arena in the northern suburbs of Tokyo in the summer. The shows are rich, costume-heavy, color-dominated and dance-crazy torrents of joy. The music – an awesome mix of fully orchestrated American jazz, blues, pop and rock – peels the paint off walls.

Hello Project is really something. Just check out YouTube, Veoh, Stage6 or other video site and see for yourself. A marvelous Japanese site, Dohhhup!, has the latest Hello Project music ahead of everyone else, and the site's sound and robust software make it a treat.

Check out my blogs for sample stories and reviews of Hello Project and related groups:

http://www.bloggerparty.com/blog/radreview

http://radicalpatriot.vox.com

Thank you and may God bless!

sonicpixie420

Post by sonicpixie420 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:45 am

Hmmm... I don't know about Japanese pop, but I do like Japanese noise like Melt Banana.
Recently I discovered a band called Polysics - they sound really cool - you can find them on Myspace-

higurashinonaku

Post by higurashinonaku » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:41 am

I really love the song mugen kairou by tamura yukari
and taishou a by anNIna.
I also love sakasama no chou by SNoW

Return to “Music”