My favorite music

Music soothes your soul like nothing else can.This is the right place to talk about your favourite music...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

anas

My favorite music

Post by anas » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:54 pm

I have many favs, but here are the most favorite ones ever.

1. Celine Dion: she's always been my favorite diva since i was 12. Maybe she's the reason why i learnt English so fast

2. Dalida: SHE is the reason y i learnt French so fast. here is my forum

3. Sertab: A Turkish diva very well-known for winning the 2003 Eurovision song contest in Riga.

Pls do not include links in posts.

nisha26

Post by nisha26 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:25 pm

My favorite music has to be rnb and hip hop nothing but these. love the beats, the singers and above all the lyrics :)

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:00 pm

I have lots of different music i like dependant on mood.

I am listening to music i enjoyed when i was younger currently, so have been listening to metallica, faith no more, red hot chilli peppers, bauhaus, sisters of mercy.  This was the type of music i liked and played in the night clubs i attended.

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

WhoseLineBabygirl

Post by WhoseLineBabygirl » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:17 am

too many to name really but to name a few Clay Aiken(reason i'm still living and i'm still here its because of him) Michael Jackson, Rammstien, Mettalica, Hanson, Backstreet Boys, Daughtry, Evenscance, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Weird Al, ect ect. I like all sorts of music!

renuka_ir

Post by renuka_ir » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:04 am

My favourite is definitely RnB . Anyhow,
1. Celine Dion: she's always been my favorite diva since i was 12. Maybe she's the reason why i learnt English so fast
is a good choice

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:05 pm

Wishbone Ash or Pink Floyd, seen 'em both live and both utterly fantastic.

himanshu_hari

Post by himanshu_hari » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:57 am

it could be anything just depends on the mood

himanshu_hari

Post by himanshu_hari » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:58 am

bt i will prefer, hindi...oldies and bryan adams in english

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:27 pm

My grandson came to stay the other week, we got in the car and the stereo was on, he listen quietly for about 2 mins. and asked why this choice of music (drum & bass). What he found difficult was idea that you could like all sorts of music. now admit sometimes you have to work hard to understand why somebody wants to make this noise or that noise but if you approach things with the attitude -' you've got something to say and I'll listen and try to understand' then you mostly get what it's about - apart from jazz ........... that I don't get, at all, never have. There was a Jazz boom in the late 50s early 60s in GB, didn't get it then, don't now.
So, although I have my default setting I will try listening to some of the stuff that's been mentioned here, thanks for some new names.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:24 am

[quote="Prof. Akers"]My grandson came to stay the other week, we got in the car and the stereo was on, he listen quietly for about 2 mins. and asked why this choice of music (drum & bass). What he found difficult was idea that you could like all sorts of music. now admit sometimes you have to work hard to understand why somebody wants to make this noise or that noise but if you approach things with the attitude -' you've got something to say and I'll listen and try to understand' then you mostly get what it's about - apart from jazz ........... that I don't get, at all, never have. There was a Jazz boom in the late 50s early 60s in GB, didn't get it then, don't now.
So, although I have my default setting I will try listening to some of the stuff that's been mentioned here, thanks for some new names.[/quote]

And now from the "xeno-perspective" ;-)
I was raised in India and pretty much filmy-music as it is called was what I was raised on. Indian Film music (before Bollywood became Bollywood) was an eclectic mix of all kinds of music, popular, country, folk, devotional, classical, western -- you name it, so perhaps it should be simply called eclectic!

When I was first introduced to Indian classical music it was easy for me to run away and rather fast! If I had the right coach early in life with a lot of Indian classical music repertoire, I could have been trained to be the fastest runner in this world! But there were no LPs or EPs or 78s (Hanh? Open-mouthed kids ask! C'est quoi?) or even cassettes, open reels or  earlier media which had the jog-control stabilization built-in so the method would have been impracticable anyway to train a runner.

When later on in life I was exposed to western classical music, I took to it as a fish would take to water. Interestingly, after a passionate love affair with this music, I found out that Indian classical music was very sweet too, although without Ravishankar providing the bridge it may not have come easily.

Anecdotally, the same happened to me when learning jyotish. I had to take a detour into western astrology before I came back "home"!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:06 pm

I like HINDUStani MUSIC , GAZALS OF PAKAJ UDASJI and MY favorite  in gazals is JAGJIT SINGH, I love collecting his works

In filim MUSIC , I like S P BALASUBRAMAIANJI, JESUDOSSJI, , in north filim playbacksingers my favorites are UDITJI SONU NIGAMji, and SURESH wadkarji

I love CARNATIC CLassical songs more than any form of music , MY favorites are UNNI KRISHNANJI BOMBAY JEYASRIJI ARUNA SAI RAMJi's meera BHAJANS, MS SUBALAKSHMIJI"s all devotional songs  and NIthyasree mahadevan, s  all   poet Bharathi's songs

Iam fan of A.R RAhmanji  and sri Illayarajaji

Femele voices ; iam fan of the great melody queen Latha Mangeshkar ji and Ashaji,, in  the  south  p.sushilaji, s.janakiji, and vani jeyaramji

KIshore kumarji and MOHamad rafiji  are the two favourite voices , which makes me standstill while listening ,......

LIke wise i can list outmy favorites , the list  never ends , it  goes on and on , in total i can say without listening to music i cant spend even a single day , all the time , i keep my player on while posting  and doing my household works , i can sacrifice watching TV rather than listening music
I love to listen melody songs and Dhardhbari songs

prasanna
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:46 pm

[quote="prasanna"]I like HINDUStani MUSIC , GAZALS OF PAKAJ UDASJI and MY favorite  in gazals is JAGJIT SINGH, I love collecting his works

In filim MUSIC , I like S P BALASUBRAMAIANJI, JESUDOSSJI, , in north filim playbacksingers my favorites are UDITJI SONU NIGAMji, and SURESH wadkarji

I love CARNATIC CLassical songs more than any form of music , MY favorites are UNNI KRISHNANJI BOMBAY JEYASRIJI ARUNA SAI RAMJi's meera BHAJANS, MS SUBALAKSHMIJI"s all devotional songs  and NIthyasree mahadevan, s  all   poet Bharathi's songs

Iam fan of A.R RAhmanji  and sri Illayarajaji

Femele voices ; iam fan of the great melody queen Latha Mangeshkar ji and Ashaji,, in  the  south  p.sushilaji, s.janakiji, and vani jeyaramji

KIshore kumarji and MOHamad rafiji  are the two favourite voices , which makes me standstill while listening ,......

LIke wise i can list outmy favorites , the list  never ends , it  goes on and on , in total i can say without listening to music i cant spend even a single day , all the time , i keep my player on while posting  and doing my household works , i can sacrifice watching TV rather than listening music
I love to listen melody songs and Dhardhbari songs

prasanna[/quote]

Haha, you don't do anything in a limited manner it seems, you powerhouse, you ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:58 am

thank u very much ranjanji , for your  compliments

ALL my family members and all my friends (MALE ) members used to call me POCKET SIZE POWER HOUSE and HUMAN COMPUTER,( including my husband ), as my height is only 4.9 , i usually get very rare or rather i can say little praise  from my female friends ., in my school days and college days my class mates used to call me ASHTAVADHANI , iam not the only person in my family , another two  younger  sisters of mine are more talented than me , they are well balacing both their family   life and  carrier, they are in high cadres  too , iam only a house maker and unemployed sitting at home wasting my time , listening music , and often called  ,good for nothing .

prasanna
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:20 pm

[quote="prasanna"]thank u very much ranjanji , for your  compliments

ALL my family members and all my friends (MALE ) members used to call me POCKET SIZE POWER HOUSE and HUMAN COMPUTER,( including my husband ), as my height is only 4.9 , i usually get very rare or rather i can say little praise  from my female friends ., in my school days and college days my class mates used to call me ASHTAVADHANI , iam not the only person in my family , another two  younger  sisters of mine are more talented than me , they are well balacing both their family   life and  carrier, they are in high cadres  too , iam only a house maker and unemployed sitting at home wasting my time , listening music , and often called  ,good for nothing .

prasanna[/quote]

How can you call yourself housemaker and unemployed at the same time? By that definition, any astrologer who gives free reading by your definition would be bekaar!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:20 pm

[quote="prasanna"]thank u very much ranjanji , for your  compliments

prasanna[/quote]

How can you call yourself housemaker and unemployed at the same time? By that definition, any astrologer who gives free reading by your definition would be bekaar!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Music”