What are your favorite artists or bands?

Music soothes your soul like nothing else can.This is the right place to talk about your favourite music...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rurk61

and uh...

Post by Rurk61 » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:28 am

Noticed the Cranberries- I forgot 'em... Echo and the Bunnymen...Syd Barrett Pink Floyd... The Moody Blues !! Why do I always forget them?...In Search of the Lost Chord is one of those rare "perfect" albums....Veruca Salt, Bush...

Laurel and Hardy soundtracks. Ragtime. Bernard Hermann..lol

and a Plug for the Kinks- those who don't even know who they are, listen to Village Green Preservation Society, Lola vs Powerman and the Moneygoround, and Muswell Hillbillies.

VirtualBabe

My fave musicians (in no particular order)

Post by VirtualBabe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:39 pm

Mike Oldfield, (IMO the closest thing to musical genius alive right now), Enya, Tangerine Dream, Jean Michel Jarre, Wendy Carlos, Yanni, Moody Blues, Beatles, Cindi Lauper, Roy Orbison, Queen, Jim Steinman (more a composer then a musician), and many many others.  I also enjoy several classical composers (thanks to encountering  Wendy Carlos's great work, Switched-on Bach).
I have decided to bypass my inner child and go directly to my inner spoiled brat.

hazzman4

Fav bands

Post by hazzman4 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:32 am

REM
Bob Marley and The Walers
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Radiohead
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Cream
The Beatles
The Band

I have a wide taste in music : )

CassandraOh

Post by CassandraOh » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:34 am

Mine would be anything from Hanson, to Kiss, Black Sabbath, HIM, then i also like some pop as well. I have pretty diverse musical tastes but don't really have one or even two favourite bands. I listen to music that i feel like that the time, but my "favourite" is always changing:)

mk

Post by mk » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Enrique rocks!!!

demoness

Post by demoness » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:46 pm

mainly metal...esp.industrial,goth,bluesy and hair metal genres....

Danzig,Samhain,Misfits, Gorgeous Frankenstein, NIN,Type o negative,
Rammstein, Korn,Tool,Skumlove, Dead Rites,Dark Eden, Crimson Ghosts,
Rob Zombie,Dio,Ozzy,Alice Cooper,Poison,WASP,motley crue,sebastian bach,Slade....

like some punk and new wave,like the Ramones, the Clash,Iggy Pop and
the Pretenders,the Cure...

classical and opera...Verdi,Mozart,Pucchini,Wagner,Beethoven, Bach...

and a lot of stuff from the 50's ,60's,70's........

ammo

Post by ammo » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:47 am

I am too fickle to choose a favorite but for right now linkin park, cradle of filth, evanescence, smashing pumpkin and superbus are helping me "cope". Music is more like therapy to me so whatever is pertinent for the moment is my favorite.

Curlygirly

Post by Curlygirly » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:15 pm

I love coldplay!! My liking for music is of wide range, but the most common I listen to nowadays includes Sarah Brightman, Jason Mraz, Pia & Anoushka Shankar.

Looks like I like the mellowish kind of music   :smt020

CoffeeShark

Post by CoffeeShark » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:27 pm

Well...let me see...I like Def Leppard & Lifehouse the most but I also like just random songs from many artists, there's too many to name  :smt020 but I mostly like something from soft to moderate in tune...Chinese music rocks!!

amalimrock

Post by amalimrock » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:50 am

I like metal music, more to the newer ones eg: melodic death, metalcore etc.
I also listen to rock, and I'm trying to oen up to jazz music. Any recommendations would be good

kellysa111

Post by kellysa111 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:43 am

I like any kind of music. Except country! I can't explain how much I can't stand country music!!! Its like torture everytime I hear it. and I cannot understand why I hate it so much

firetopaz

Post by firetopaz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:31 am

like any kind of music. Except country! I can't explain how much I can't stand country music!!! Its like torture everytime I hear it. and I cannot understand why I hate it so much

My hubby loves country...and there are a few ...like willie nelson...johnnie cash...i can take...but torture bests describes it.

I love tool, Disturbed and Korn, (hung out with them before a concert one time and they are very! cool people), Pearl Jam, Kittie, and old classics..Led Zepplin, JANIS JOPLIN,
Stones.... Hendrix..Love that guitar...what about NEIL YOUNG...I had front row seats for my first concert with Eric Clapton...god he was great....I still listen to AC/DC,  Guns n  Roses...but I would be hard pressed if i had to pick one CD to take with me to a deserted island, y'know?

I can't believe I forgot Alice Cooper...listened to him so much I wore out the album...yeah...I'm old....I actually was alive before CD's  :smt035

agata

Post by agata » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:22 pm

In alphabetical order ;) : Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, ATB, Bryan Adams, Emilie Autumn, Epica, Evanescence, Garbage, Godsmack, Iron Maiden, Ive Mendes, Leonard Cohen, Linkin Park, Mike Oldfield, Nightwish, Rammstein, Scorpions, Therion, Tristania, WASP, Within Temptation, Ygwie Malmsteen.

womanofthecraft

Post by womanofthecraft » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:50 pm

:smt008
My heart belongs to Loreena McKennitt, as far as music is concerned.
Her celtic voice and heritage is mexmerizing!  Her heart is true I feel it in my soul.
Others are:  Breaking Benjiman, Nickelback and Staind.
Music is a blessing beyond any other, there is a message in every word: Just listen!
womanofthecraft

secularprogressive

re: what are your favorite artists/bands?

Post by secularprogressive » Sat May 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Being a musician/songwriter myself, I am a real music aficionado.  I tend to avoid contemporary mainstream major label releases as much as possible, favoring stuff that's maybe a little more obscure and offbeat instead.  A few of my tried and true favorites are:

Stereolab
Kate Bush
Ben Folds
Suzanne Vega
Scissor Sisters
Amy Ray
Supreme Beings of Leisure
Beth Orton
John Mayer
Danielle Howle
Steely Dan
XTC