Higher consciousness/Magical Music??

Music soothes your soul like nothing else can.This is the right place to talk about your favourite music...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

GavinKabal

Higher consciousness/Magical Music??

Post by GavinKabal » Mon May 18, 2009 6:49 pm

I was wondering if anyone has come across music of this type.  I have read of some music from different composers causing people to have hallucinations, see colors, etc.  Any info?
Come out the darkness into the Light!- G.D.

santhosh.G

Post by santhosh.G » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:44 pm

it is true that amrithavarshini raga in carnatic music  when sung with true bhava can produce rain.Great bhagavars have done it..though they dont do it for demonstration.but in some cases.this is to speak of saintly musicans who still exist. for normal singers,it could work if they sing as a group for several days with devotional bend of mind.Sree muthuswamy dikshitar composed the navaratna kriti to cure his sishya from a severe stomach ache and it worked.
my personal experience is when i had a cut in foot, with severe pain while i was advised to tolerate it..chembai vaidhyanatha bhavatar's music  made me just forget the pain.similary my father too have observed such an effect when the famous keertan 'ksheerasagara' was being heard.

Return to “Music”