music kills

Music soothes your soul like nothing else can.This is the right place to talk about your favourite music...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

ConfusedMind

music kills

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:26 pm

I've stopped listening to music. i cannot stop the weird associations i have in my mind when i listen to the music i like or love. I started listening to something that had a touch of violence. the mosh pits, screams and growls became my favorite. but i had to stop it since it started making me feel the way that may have put behind the bars, had they been executed. any way out that helps me listen to music with certain extent of detachment?
I'm weird

DivaS

Post by DivaS » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:31 pm

I'm a big fan of all kinds of music and I often get a similar feeling when hearing aggressive or violent toned music.

I've never liked anything particularly loud or angry sounding anyway, but now I notice it more and at times become physically ill when listening to any type of "death metal" or "grunge." I sometimes wonder if perhaps such negative tones or sounds actually create or attract a negative energy into the environment. Either that, or maybe we're tapping into the negative emotions of the ones who wrote such songs? After all, some of those lyrics can be downright depressing! xD

Perhaps try listening to different types of music to see what makes you feel uplifted and energized (or relaxed) rather than sticking to what you have always liked. You might find yourself running into a great type of music that you never thought you would enjoy. :)

Best wishes!
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, but I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:00 pm

see, it is not about liking or disliking a song or a music. there is no doubt that i like Merilyn Manson and all the 30 Seconds To Mars numbers. 'Die, M.....F..... die', 'This is New Shit', 'Death to the Ladies First' are some of the numbers that thrill me. but I just cannot hold myself due to the sensations i have. that is what i'm afraid of.
I'm weird

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:59 am

How about some trance music?

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:39 am

i'm into the trance of saying 'good bye' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_LQYdtJ34k)  and getting back at the 'wake up' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyOSx62c2Ic) call since long and could not yet manage to get out of it.  

both of them seem to be so much 'trancing' that it really is hard to get rid of them.
I'm weird

Minyassa

Post by Minyassa » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:52 pm

I'm not sure there would actually be a point to listening to music with detachment, but then, I'm biased, being a musician whose sole purpose in playing is to revel in the emotions that music stirs up.  If you feel overwhelmed by negative emotions that are being whipped into a frenzy by certain pieces, that suggest to me that you are normally sublimating a lot of negative emotion and when you listen to music is when your psyche is attempting to let that all out.  If you are really afraid that you will commit violence because of this, then you really ought to find a counselor that is trained to help people find an outlet for these feelings, but I think that you have already found the trigger that gets the emotions flowing.  Perhaps you ought to take up a very physical activity that you can perform while listening to this music, such as running, that will let you work off this energy until you are spent, without denying yourself a needed release of emotional expression.  If I were you I would look into drumming.
Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind.
    -Henri-Frederic Amiel

erica_vamp16

Post by erica_vamp16 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:38 am

I like all kinds of music from very aggressive industrial, Cradle of Filth, symphonic metal, gothic metal, etc to dance music and mainstream pop. music has never really bothered me much by being too aggressive as long as i can understand the words they're screaming, and when it comes to extreme metal i usually prefer symphonic versions of it. like cradle of filth for black metal because symphonic black metal sounds better to me and the girl also has a good singing voice as well as a good screaming voice. usually only blatantly satanic lyrics bother me enough to turn it off, and violent lyrics may or may not upset me depending on my mood, so i don't know what to say to help you with your problem and have always cared more about the sound of the music i'm listening to than the lyrics up to a point. some of my christian friends were pretty shocked to hear that i like cradle of filth (i am a christian goth by the way), and they were shocked because of the lyrics to some of their songs. some music i like for the lyrics, some for the sound and some for both. when i like the sound of a band, up to a certain point i don't care about the lyrics even if they do bother other people. it's mostly all about the sound for me because i just like to sing and dance. some of my christian goth friends seem slightly paranoid when it comes to music and get extremely picky about the lyrics any time they listen to secular music. try listening to a less aggressive band for a while if you're already in a bad mood

viktoriatocca

Post by viktoriatocca » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:14 am

I'm a big fan of all kinds of music and I often get a similar feeling when hearing aggressive or violent toned music.

I've never liked anything particularly loud or angry sounding anyway, but now I notice it more and at times become physically ill when listening to any type of "death metal" or "grunge." I sometimes wonder if perhaps such negative tones or sounds actually create or attract a negative energy into the environment.

No advertising is allowed on this forum

Please go here instead......

http://mysticboard.org/vi ... php?t=7598

Return to “Music”