Mastering the Records

Music soothes your soul like nothing else can.This is the right place to talk about your favourite music...

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

halet

Mastering the Records

Post by halet » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:11 am

Mastering is a valuable service that makes the music sound good. Any album which is released for commercial purpose has to undergo the process of mastering. This is important for the music to sound professional. Mastering is an art, which involves fine-tuning the music to make it sound more professional. When the music is mastered, it removes or makes up for any sort of deficiencies that might have occurred during the recording process. Music makers understand the importance of mastering the track or the album. In fact, 99% of all the tracks need fine tuning in terms of mastering the records. It is most important when there are multiple tracks in the album, to render consistency to the whole album. The volume and the other aspects of music are worked upon in the mastering phase. The musical instruments used for the music in the album are tweaked for a finer finish. The effect of mastering is a clear, loud and professional sounding track. The end results are more obvious when the music is released in the market. When the music is played among unprofessional tracks, it stands out. Some musicians may consider the process of mastering as non-essential. But actually, the process is necessary to attain that perfect sounding track. Now the mastering services are also available online. The online  is a convenient service which saves a great deal of time and money. Mastering is done by skilled mastering engineer on uploaded audio files. Once the correction is done, the audio files are sent back to the customer as a link or in the form of a CD.  

Pyramidion

Post by Pyramidion » Tue May 17, 2011 12:41 pm

I fin this a fascinating topic because I like new age music (panpipes and flutes and synthesizer) and always wondered how the space gets so wide in the music. I love to relax after a long days work and chill out with some mellow sounds. I suppose a big part is that the music is mixed well with the synthesizers and keyboards and the melody is of course the most beautiful part. Once the sounds are blended you suggest the tracks are sent for online mastering which is a stage after the music mix? I never really knew the complexity involved, just as well as I like to listen mainly, especially in the garden. Thanks for the informative views.

Return to “Music”