Are Leo's afraid to show their emotions?

Meet people born under Leo here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, swetha

Jareth

Are Leo's afraid to show their emotions?

Post by Jareth » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:49 am

:smt017

I'm a 22 year old Scorpio male. My father died when I was 14 and I often wanted to talk about him with my Leo mother and Leo older sister, but even though he died a long time ago they never open up and sort of try and change the subject all the time. Because he died when I was still basically a child I didn't quite know him as well as those two, but they are little help when I was to ask a question or share my feelings.

HOWEVER, my other older sister who is a Pisces recently came back home after being away for several years and I was delighted to find out we're extremely similar and finally I could ask all the questions I like and share all my thoughts with somebody and she would do the same. It's great to finally have someone I can talk to.  :smt003

Now I know some people just like to shut down as it's their way of dealing with a death, but I've noticed this Leo fear of opening up in many other instances too and also with a friend who's a Leo. Heaven forbid they say something which might contradict their bubbly and ego centric persona.

I don't want to offend any Leo's here, but I'm starting to think they only want to have a giggle and talk about the most normal and banal subjects out there. Leo's - very friendly, but no depth?

Maybe Scorpio and Leo's just aren't that compatible.  :smt085
Last edited by Jareth on Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:16 pm

i am leo too. and i'll tell you what dont think its about emotions. i think it more about ego and pride. how can the king of jungle rule if he shows his weakness? i must tell you its much more complicated than what i said above but thats a better than good way to sum it up. now i guess the degree to which they keep shut also depends on various other factors but again... leos generally are the way they are - born with an ego.

they dont know how to share thier joys and pains (i am talking about me being leo here), they are extremely poor at it. but leos are still the best. when they do commit something, you can consider it done! they are born leaders, they have thier own set of rules for playing the game which they not only preach but pratice too.

i dont know... lets just say leos to tend to avoid things which are painful and hurts.

Abhishek

dawn

Post by dawn » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:39 pm

I don't know wether this is ture or not. my cousin is leo but we don't have such problems. We are very good friends and share each and every moment that we spend alone.
dawn

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:44 pm

hi there,
I am Leo too... and i guess act very cold towards pain:( it just doesnt seem to affect me. maybe thats the way we deal wit it. i feel...if something has happened and u cant do anything about it, then no point thinking about it. maybe thats being defensive... but then thats the way it is.

shifting this thread to Leo section.
swetha

Bhadra

Leo's and Emotion

Post by Bhadra » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:56 pm

Hi, Another Leo here.
It's not that we are shallow, well, maybe when we are young we are, but not as we mature.  I think Abishek's point is very valid. It is an ego thing. But more. Leo's come into this world knowing they are leaders. We think we always have to be the "strong one" and keep everything running smoothly. So we stuff our feelings a lot.

Hopefully as we grow older we learn to be more open, to allow others in and learn to share our feelings, and to risk being vulnerable. That is a huge challenge for us.  And, I think, maybe one of our Karmic Lessons.

Just my opinion, and as you know, Leo's are full of opinions.
I am determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I find myself in. ...
-Martha Washington, America's First First Lady

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:12 pm

>> Leo's are full of opinions.

lol thats they are! they never run out of something to say :D

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:16 am

Well with my experince around Leo's (my dad, cousin brother & uncle) they are full of opinons even when they aren't asked for, demand respect & admiration from everyone, very emotional (but rarely show it), are furious if their authority is challenged, & u can also say (like how Abhishek said) proud & kinda egoestic, & sometimes very dogmatic.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:01 pm

i wud say Leo males are big show offs... but they know their limits... but wont let their guard down even if they know thats its not going to work, i feel Leo females are more mature and understanding. I for one dont give unsolicited advice unless asked for.

Abhishek
Site Admin

Post by Abhishek » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:26 pm

swetha wrote: I for one dont give unsolicited advice unless asked for.
i vouch for that! she has a damn tight lip.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:01 am

who wud want to listen to advice not asked for??? isnt it better to speak when spoken to and be less domineering?

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:59 am

I may believe u won't give advise when not asked.

But still i don't believe a Leo saying they will be less domineering or less domanating.

I will be damed if i ever see a non-dominating Leo. They are like Majestic ppl on earth, like emporers, kings, presidents, & leaders, they can never be non-dominating.

& i am saying this like a compliment, don't take me wrong.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:35 am

i know i know:) Leos and non dominating..in ur dreams:)) dominating yes.... domineering may be... it all depends on how much leverage u give them. if u let them be ur boss for a day.. that DAY will become the rest of ur life:)

sno

Post by sno » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:58 pm

Lol, its not out fault though, were just generally better at everything and can see a better way of doing things.  Like I always say to the people who work for me on the day I hire them - "Sometimes when we work together we'll disagree, so you know for the future, when this happens, we'll do it my way." :) hehehe

Vishwas
Site Admin

Post by Vishwas » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:29 pm

Well there goes the Famous Leo Ego again.

Let me say this Aqurians do thing's better than anyone else, but Leo's take all the name because Leo's are the Leader's the ppl in the front, but Aquarians are the Organizers, we do everything, & Leo's get the name for it. Well there are some exceptions to that rule like Abhishek & Swetha, who are building up this site on their own. But it is like that for all Leo's.

I have suffered & seen more Leo's than anyone else.

sno

Post by sno » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:47 pm

lol, my brother is also a leo and he is so different to me.  He's very quiet, I always wonder if it's only possible to have 1 true leo in an household.

Return to “Leo - July 21 - August 20”