Are Leo's afraid to show their emotions?

Meet people born under Leo here

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123, swetha

Sunstorm

Post by Sunstorm » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:11 pm

I tend to keep to myself really. I'm not really one for revealing who i am or how i feel, which doesn't really help those around me who want to help me. Sometimes i can show how i feel, usually if i'm extremely happy or very annoyed or angry; generally though i keep it all hidden.

john tonti

i am leo hear me roarrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Post by john tonti » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:13 am

all the things i have read here are true of us leos but is that so bad, we are a part of the big picture as are the other 11 signs but we will go on leading, following,teachimg, learning etc etc etc.....
but we will still roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt003
sumdmgy

charmaine

uhm...

Post by charmaine » Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:11 am

yeah.. im a leo too.. i always pretend im happy but insuide im dying..
but i pretend for good.. i dont want anyone to be worried about me..
and i love to keep my secret to myself only..
charmaine23alex4lyf?

_Patt_

waking up the topic lol

Post by _Patt_ » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:45 pm

I'm Leo too and I can tell you, I just really open up with someone I really but I mean REALLY trust, with others it's like charmaine said, I pretend to be happy even if inside I'm devastated... I also don't want others to worry about me. Maybe it's a defense, maybe a way of not showing any weakness, maybe both lol. We Leos tend much more to help the others than being helped by them :).

pirbid

Post by pirbid » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:49 pm

:smt006 Hallo everyone!

Amazing how many Leos we can get together in one place. And glad of it, too, because I usually get on great with them. Of course I love egging them on to hear them roar, sometimes, but I have as yet to get my head bitten off  :smt003

It's true that they are "always" right and don't you dare suggest otherwise, but I find them lovable even at their most aggravating. And it doesn't matter wether they are emotionally expressive or not, because it is easy to see through them. I see when they are suffering and dive in for a hug... which they usually accept grudgingly, as long as it doesn't look as if you pity them! god forbid their pride should be impaired by a bit of affection.  :smt018

I have observed that male and female Leos can be as different as lions and lionesses. Personally, I find the females more formidable to contend with, while the males are more easily won over. Still, they are all so noble that I see no danger in entering into a discussion or some bantering with them: they always win (or think they do), but they never try to humiliate their oponent and all ends well.

And, whatever they might think about it themselves, they are really cuddly seen from this side, just like Swetha's avatar, or Patt's rather coy one.  :smt002

So a toast to all Leos, like my gran who died last year and with whom I had so many good times, even when quarreling :smt023
Sunshine from the islands of eternal spring ;)

_Patt_

Post by _Patt_ » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:22 pm

"And, whatever they might think about it themselves, they are really cuddly seen from this side, just like Swetha's avatar, or Patt's rather coy one. :smt002"

lol :smt003
When I get logical, and I don't trust my instincts...that's when I get in trouble.

Andypants

Post by Andypants » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:33 pm

I am a leo and i find i am not afraid to express my emotion.
Although i am very aware of which emotions i express.
I seek perfection with myself and would rather "walk away and calm down" then vent frustration or anger through expression.
I seek to overcome negitive emotions through detatchment, then to deal with the issues from a positive perspective.
I believe this is a good technique for any leo, as we can get into the habit of indulging in our negitive emotions.
Leo's attempt do be the sun for everyone, shinning our light equally and generously.
We should always keep in mind that a sun is consistant in it's duty, so we should seek to be constant with our control of ourselves for the benifit of others.
Many look upon leos for inspiration, indeed we can sometimes seem to have our heads up our asses.
A leo should seek perfection in themselves but be satisfied with however close they get to reaching that perfection.
A leo who is comfortable with him/herself is someone who is truly inspiring in there ideals and dreams and can make great things happen.
The more a leo can learn to share his amazing energy and positive emotion, the more succesful he will become.
A leo should not seek leadership, mearly expect that at the time when it is needed he/she shall be there ready to forfill that purpose.
Leadership will come to leo through his ability to be a role model to others in his perfection of being in harmony with him/herself while still expressing great positive energy that all may share in. Indeed it is leos role to look good, feel good, and share these things with the others signs.
It is also wise to learn humility so that even the most humble may feel comfortable in your pressence, for all you may know there is much you do not, mediate sharing knowledge with recieving it so everyone feels the benifit of what you have to offer.

windspirits

Being Leo

Post by windspirits » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:20 pm

Well well, who says leo's are shallow.  We are shy at times but we certainly know how to let our feelings be known, after all it is the Lioness who does the hunting to feed the pride.  I think a lot of it also has to do with our upbringing as well.  Leo's can be very demanding and will always want to be at the forefront of things.  We are the born leaders, the go getters, the showman at parties, the light in the dull room.  We know how to have good times and yes we know when to disguise our emotions until such time as we get the point across.

Seriously, I think a lot of our actions also has to do with the time of the year we were born.  In other words, what were the factors in the universe at the time of our birth, were we on a cusp and which one?

I hope I don't sound too outlandish and egotistical.
Feel the gentle winds of the windspirits

Yrriki

My poor leo, the stress is no good for him..

Post by Yrriki » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:30 pm

Waiting on a heart operation soon, well, we don't know when and that is driving him nuts. I've never seen this side of him before..The little things set him off boy! I feel sad for him,any thoughts on this one..forum

Reading all the info on Leo's is helping me cope thanks..

tclyn

Post by tclyn » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi... I'm a Leo born on 25th July.

When I was a young girl, my mother used to say that I am cold-hearted when compared to her and my brother, mainly because I don't cry as easily as they do when watching sad movies.

Those words she said had a reverse effect on me and I had to fight to hold back my tears even more each time when I felt like crying.

After years and years of "training", I suppose I have become indifferent to a lot of things, and although some things could move me to tears, I cry silently rather than making sure everybody knows about it.

Besides, there is also something in my chart that makes me cold, distant and emotionally detached. And I suspect ego and pride plays a part too.

:smt003

blacksnake

Post by blacksnake » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:50 am

nice to hear that, me too, like all of you, thanks for share

jlo

Post by jlo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:46 pm

I am friendly and try to be as polite as possible with people. At the same time,I am guarded and don't trust easily. I don't like to show my emotions that much . I would never cry in front of anyone apart from my family.I'd rather keep to myself and remain quiet if I am not so comfortable with people around me . I've had people judge me wrongly because of that in the past...

gjadduroy

Post by gjadduroy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:10 am

in my perspective, leos express their emotions at certain times..i am a leo and i open up during certain situations..
~gj~

rushninja

Post by rushninja » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:31 am

They may break down when they try to talk to you then they are just trying to be strong. They probally want to repress the thought of your fathers death because it makes them sad.

InnerLioness

Post by InnerLioness » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:04 am

we just feel we shouldn't be weak in front of those who care so we don't make them concerned i guess I never understood why I never cry in the same room as someone or even online when someone is talking to me in text. its not that the feelings aren't t here its just that we don't like to wear them on our sleeves and are generally positive until we feel cornered though then it all becomes dark and gloomy and well you just don't want to ask when we feel like that cause we can ruin someone's day just by putting something the wrong way and maybe we are scared of saying the wrong thing and not being able to back out of it gracefully.

Return to “Leo - July 21 - August 20”