Help with parents!

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

dreamer2010

Help with parents!

Post by dreamer2010 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:56 pm

Hello my dear friends.
I am here to ask for help with dealing with my parents. My mom is very...well not normal she will drive you crazy with the way she acts and the way she says things she will ask you something 5 times before she stops asking. I would rather live with my dad then my mom but she won't let me live with him. I get along with him better. I am a 15 year old psychic/mystic that can talk in different languages without realizing it and I tend to do weird things. They don't really understand why I do the things that I do and I can't tell them that I am psychic and speak different languages because they will put me in a psych ward!

underestimatedGEM

a little gemini advice

Post by underestimatedGEM » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:23 pm

first of all: YAY! FINALLY someone who is in there teens.....
secondly i think i can relate to you because my mother is also a little.. annoying/eccentric....and many other things......i also find it hard to deal with her, but luckily i still live with my dad....i can empathize with your situation and im afraid this is the only advice i can give: go with the flow and then when your old enough to more out and live your own way by your own rules (sounds boring but that is the reality) oh, and one more thing DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM HOME! this may seem a little random but don't, it just makes things worse.

p.s ***BIG GEMINI HUG!*** (IM A GEMINI SO IT COUNTS AS TWO) :smt003

underestimatedGEM

RANDOM

Post by underestimatedGEM » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:25 pm

OMG! this is completely of the subject but you have the same b'day as my dad! :)  just thought i would share that with you

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:00 pm

Hehehehe....I think the problem is universal....or as universal you want to make it.

I remember myself from that age.....and I knew everything that was good for me....I was almost finish educated....my parents...uncles ...aunts....welll they was just old people that was young a long time ago....they could never understand that the youth of today was much more modern...and at least more responsible ... after all we wrote 1960....not the ancient 1920-30's :)

Well I have learned how wrong I was....what we take as annoyance ....might be a proof of love.....if they did not love you and not cared for you....well then you could do everything you wanted....but I think... then the loss from "love and care" are much bigger then the freedom you get.
Of course you shall be allowed to do thing and show responsibility....that is a education for your adulthood.....but a lot of what happens between child/parents are a combination of events. If the "child" is very "demanding" this might restrict what is allowed because we are always out to move borders and the parents must have something to go on. If you on the other hand is a kind soul sitting inside the whole time then your parents will try to get you out of the house...and even let you do much more because they know you are a careful person.

I shall not say that all parents are fit to be parents and there is a lot of "bad education" going around in many homes.....and I am also sure it is not easy to be teenager with all the demands our "trends" put up.....but if both parts try to discuss and at the same time adjust their demands (both youth and parent) then I think the life would be a bit easier :)

A big huuuggg  and let us take a talk in a ten years time when you yourself has a little one running around :)

underestimatedGEM

feeling guilty...

Post by underestimatedGEM » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:24 am

aaaawwww....now i feel bad for giving you irresponsible advice...i change my mind! listen to da old man (no offence :smt003 )

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:34 am

Us Grandads stick together, I agree with everything Rhutobello says.
I was the kind of teenager your parents warned you about hanging round with. it's tough and you have my understanding, all I can say is it does get better (took me another 20 years though).
You have my sympathies but 90% of the problems are down to hormonal surges and brain growth ( trust me I really am a Prof).
I could bang on about they only have your best interests at heart and they are trying to look out for you as best they can but it doesn't really help does it?
I think the main thing to remember is the world has changed so much since they were your age and they are frightened for you. If you look at it that way -fear of the new and unknown (and that includes YOU as you grow) then try to feel a little sympathy for them.

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:42 pm

I think we wore the same shoes!!  My mom would ask me things over and over drove me nuts even told me I was so much like my dad it makes her sick..........so why didnt i get to live with him?? THats how the ball bounced!

Anything you do in life .......... your not always going to like it all  We are going to find people we dont get along with ...but we have to make the best out of it!

Sorry Chicky deal with it your 15 your mom knows best .........and the grass is not always green as it may seem on the other side!  

My Teen daughter is on this board .. does weird things .. tells me Im a dork or I am retarded on a regular basis ...... I tell her just like i told you deal with it!

bipuls

Introduce Matrimonial meeting center

Post by bipuls » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:47 pm

If will have some matrimonial meeting center where bride and groom family can meet up.

Return to “Family And Parenting”