I am WOrried Father

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

added_sugar

I am WOrried Father

Post by added_sugar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:34 pm

My son had sex at 13 and loosing interst in studies? How to get him back..

dreamer2010

Post by dreamer2010 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:00 pm

eek! That's terrible. I know I'm not a parent but I can give you plenty of advice about what I would want my parents to say to me if I ever did that.

Sit down and talk to him about this issue. Ask him questions about why he is going down hill in school. Try to be his friend, he is going through a hard time and he is trying to understand who he is and he is going through puberty so be careful on this subject. If he tries to change the subject bring it back and make him listen to you. Have an open mind and do not yell, yelling only makes the situation worse.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:17 pm

According to your age, that would mean you fathered a child at 12?

dreamer2010

Post by dreamer2010 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:33 am

I never said that i was a parent
Dreamer2010 wrote:
eek! That's terrible. I know I'm not a parent but I can give you plenty of advice about what I would want my parents to say to me if I ever did that.
And I'm not a boy i'm a girl!

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:43 am

dreamer2010 wrote:I never said that i was a parent
Dreamer2010 wrote:
Dreamer, not everything is about you. I am speaking about added_sugar who made the original post.

dreamer2010

Post by dreamer2010 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:52 am

jeeze sorry you should have specified

LibB

Post by LibB » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:08 pm

dreamer2010 wrote:I never said that i was a parent
Dreamer2010 wrote:

dreamer2010, by your age, it seems you would be best to concentrate on maths. 15-13=2. Not possible. Seriously look to your studies, there is really no difference between 15 and 13 as far as sex goes.

Sexual intercourse at a young age destroys puberty, growth, communication, happiness and of course there are the possibilities of pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases (ones that won't go away, also). From my experience, learning to be who you were born to be is much more important as a teenager. Find something you really love in your heart to do and do it. A hobby is best. Part time work doing something you love to do.
Sex as a teenager is an ego based thing...not good (no matter how much pleasure you think you are having at the time. What life lessons do you learn from it...nothing. In my case I learnt what not to do as a teenager. I was continually railroaded into it and dumped after it. I was also raped as a teenager. I was used sexually as a teenager and was depressed for the majority of my teenage years because of it.
When sex enters the equation there is no respect for other things in life or for that person. It really seems like a curse when there is so much more to gain from being this age that will bring blessings to your life. One day I do hope your son becomes a protector of young girls from those who want to abuse them or take away their virginity at such a young age. Being friends is great. With my best, best male friends as a teenager, we would cuddle and sometimes kiss. They had enough respect for me to go no further whether they wanted to or not and this was the happiest I had been in my teenage years. To know that these male friends cared about me that much as to protect me from that kind of damage.

I hope this helps
Libby

dreamer2010

Post by dreamer2010 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:40 pm

I know it's not that big of a difference...I'm just going to stick with seavision

Return to “Family And Parenting”