How to motivate yourself and other

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jfgg01

How to motivate yourself and other

Post by jfgg01 » Mon May 07, 2007 3:02 pm

We should often feel ashamed of our best actions if the world could see all the motives which produced them.-- François de la Rochefoucauld

It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.-- Babe Ruth

Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing. -- Harriet Braiker

Nobody motivates today's workers. If it doesn't come from within, it doesn't come. Fun helps remove the barriers that allow people to motivate themselves.-- Herman Cain

Why did I want to win? because I didn't want to lose! -- Max Schmelling

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.--Jim Ryun

Motivation is like food for the brain. You cannot get enough in one sitting. It needs continual and regular top up's.-- Peter Davies

Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. -- Will Rogers

Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Begin it now. --  Goethe

A successful person is a dreamer whom someone believed in. -- Unknown Source
Incluso en lo mas obscura de las noches, es posible encontrar algo de luz.

starguy

Post by starguy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:25 pm

thank u so much

hitismek

Post by hitismek » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:15 pm

Thankyou love this type of positivity... :)

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:50 am

How to motivate someone - Those same type of things ... I print off or write and I tape somewhere that I have to see them through  out the day.. "the happy quotes" my kids call them .. (sometimes they say ohh mom has her crazy stuff up again)  
Well I remind them thats my sanity notes!!  When I feel like blaaaaaaaaa bleeek I can just turn the corner somewhere in the house and read one of my "quotes"
I have them on the bathroom mirror, refrigerator and on the dryer.  I hate laundry and the kitchen is always a mess... and the bathroom is the room I always seem to look at myself and say I just want to give up ..........so these places were ideal for me!

jarday

my favourites

Post by jarday » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:38 am

Positive quotes, food for thought, enforcements -however you call them, they certainly work.

Once when I thought I was in a desperate situation I read this quote and it made me realise that we do survive our worst nightmares and it made me analyse what was the worst situation for myself and i realised that I would never end up with nowhere to go, not in Australia.
"Today is the tomorrow I worrried about yesterday".

One I use with my children when they are feeling miserable about their circumstance, or jealous of other kids is...
"There was a man who used to complain about his sore feet, till one day he saw a man with no feet".
There is always someone worse off and we need to put our problems/circumstances into perspective.
toknowthefutureistobeguided

Return to “Family And Parenting”