Laughter as part of the human survival kit.

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

jfgg01

Laughter as part of the human survival kit.

Post by jfgg01 » Mon May 07, 2007 3:07 pm

If taking vitamins doesn't keep you healthy enough, try more laughter: The most wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.
--Nicolas-Sebastien Chamfort

Laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects.
--Arnold Glasow

The best blush to use is laughter: It put roses in your cheeks and in your soul.
--Linda Knight

At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities.
--Jean Houston

Laughter is the most healthful exertion.
--Christoph Wilhelm Hufeland

Friendship: a building contract you sign with laughter and break with tears.
--Unknown

One can never speak enough of the virtues, the dangers, the power of shared laughter.
--Francoise Sagan

Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship, and it is far the best ending for one.
--Oscar Wilde

Seven days without laughter make one weak.
--Joel Goodman

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.
--Victor Borge

the most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
--e.e. cummings

Laughter is an instant vacation.
--Milton Berle
Incluso en lo mas obscura de las noches, es posible encontrar algo de luz.

hitismek

Post by hitismek » Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:37 am

I absolutely agree... we have various random acts of stupidness that happen at home... especially when there is high stress at times....Our household chooses to grow down rather then grow up when not out and about having to be serious. Things like water and food fights occur, an attitude of I dont care about what people think (within reason), watching kids DVDs without being too cynical and other. I think it is hard for those who dont laugh much to understand that what laugher is. When it is simply not taking forgranted the simple things in life, especially when things get tough. (My kids btw range from 1 to 21) It was a pleasure the other day seeing that our family is not the only one. Watching a mother playing hide and seek with her son at a department store made more then them laugh... we did too and so did the staff...
Laughter is a great survival tool... it is a pity that so many learn so late and sometimes never....

Return to “Family And Parenting”