my little girl

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

marie clay

my little girl

Post by marie clay » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:57 pm

holly is 5 mths and always cries. doctors say there is nothing wrong with her. she is well looked after and is well fed and i change her often and play with her lots. any suggestions as 2 y she is crying?
Marie Clay

Evie

Post by Evie » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:16 pm

Hello  Marie clay   (((( HUGS ))) to you

Wow, this is hard work for a young mother, especially without help from
the medical professionals. The doctors say nothing is wrong with her. Duh?
Babies don't cry all the time for no reason! Don't give up trying to find
an answer.

What is her body posture when she crys? I she curled up in a ball?
What does she tug or pull at... on her body, it may give a clue too.
For example: Babies with ear infections will tug at their ears.

Something isn't sitting well with your daughter and my guess is that she
might have.... Allergies? Are you nursing?  Every body is different and it
surprising what might have an adverse affect on your daughter.  Food, or
environment can cause sensitivities too.

It may be just a very small change you need to make to make Holly feel
happy in her little body.  I once witnessed a colicky baby get immediate
and permanent relief with a gentle chiropractic treatment. Something
was out of line.  

There are many Young mother's here at Mystic Board, here's hoping you find
a speedy solution.  

P E A C E
Evie

marie clay

ty

Post by marie clay » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:26 pm

thanks 4 the post evie. She did have colic but it went. she has no ear infections. she straightens up alot like shes trying to pull her body apart. im puzzled really
Marie Clay

LibB

Re: my little girl

Post by LibB » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:44 pm

marie clay wrote:holly is 5 mths and always cries. doctors say there is nothing wrong with her. she is well looked after and is well fed and i change her often and play with her lots. any suggestions as 2 y she is crying?
Hi Marie clay, Welcome to Mystic Board. I do hope thinks are getting better. I'm not sure what is wrong with your daughter, of course without seeing her it's hard to tell.
When my children were new born and we went to the Chiropractor for me, he suggested that Brett should be aligned as well (I think he was 3 months old, he may have been 2 months old). I agreed and it worked. I had my doubts as he was so small, but it actually worked. I heard some of his bones crack (the way they are supposed to) and he was fine after that. My look of shock was about how his beautiful little body was so out of alignment and relief that I had said yes.
Then when Adam was born I had no hesitation in taking him. My chiropractor has children and told me as soon as they were born he realigned them almost immediately (I think one of them was 2 hours old). He said it is due to the confined space they grew in and the birth could trap nerves also.  My children are looking beautiful as far as their spines etc. extremely straight. this is an extremely personal decision and it is best to do research to find a chiropractor who is professional and experienced with new borns.
I did not realize that realigning them would help so much and looking at the situation after, I knew I had made the right decision. I also knew I should have thought of it first.

Good luck and best wishes to you both and family

Love and Light
Libby

LibB

Post by LibB » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:03 pm

Hi Evie I read your post Yesterday I think and totally forgot what you said when I wrote my post just now. The screen came back and the first words I read were in your post saying chiropractor.

Marie Clay I do believe a chiropractic treatment would be beneficial for your daughter. Once again I let you know it is your personal decision and to find someone who is experienced with newborns.
It seems like Holly may have trapped nerves and is finding it difficult to sleep, eat, sit up etc. Alot of doctors don't quite agree with chiropractic treatment unfortunately, so it creates a hole in the medical industry. My doctor is like this, so I leave the subject separate from him. I'ts always worked for me and I might add you will probably benefit from a chiropractic treatment also. to help your spine and neck realign. It also helps milk production and relieves stress. Please let us know how you go.

Love and Light Libby

Evie

Post by Evie » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:16 pm

Hi Marie

I agree with Libby and the alignment thoughts here.... Curled up in pain would
tell me tummy and digestion problems... (food allergies)

"Straightened and stiff... like she is trying to pull her body apart"  
suggests to me that something is out of line.

I feel so sad for colicky babies... (and their mothers too)
... a tense start to life.
Physicians here are not likely to recommend a chiropractor either.  :smt011

ImageMay you Be directed to finding the *right person to help you help your little Holly.

PEACE
Evie

Gem

Post by Gem » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:49 pm

Libby, I am a great fan of chiro, osteo and cranial- treatments but I feel I have to say that it really is very rare, so extremely, that any newborn needs chiropractic work done. The 'bone cracking' is just the gas being expelled, it sounds good, but means nothing, even a perfectly aligned bone will 'crack'. Most chiropractors will not touch a young baby or a child, they simply don't need it, and it can be dangerous with such flexible fragile soft bones and joints. But that said, what they will benefit from is the massage and extra attention and care that a treatment can give, but not the adjustments, so it looks like there is an improvement. We use safer and simpler things like baby massage, kneading, shiatsu and accupressure, fingertip pressure to relieve any problems.

I have noticed that many babies stretch when they have stomach discomfort and the main one being milk, what is the babe being fed? are the dirty nappies normal, is there loads of gas. Also keep a diary, of food and drink etc and seee when these episodes occur.

One thing to remember when they are screaming and you have done everything possible, and the docotr says they are fine is that they do grow up, and fast lol

marie clay

ty

Post by marie clay » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:58 pm

thank you for the input i think i will look in 2 it
Marie Clay

nehakad

Post by nehakad » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:13 am

plz dont do any kind of practical on your baby without full knowledge. try to look for these... if your baby is ok in your arms but cries when u make her lie down straight it is nothing but simple colick. treatment is quite simple. try to mind your diet if you are breastfeeding her. your food affects your milk output and quality. avoid heavy and spicy food.take simply digestable food. if you have started weaning of recently then try it meshed fruits and boiled and meshed pulses,vegetables. burping is iportant after every meal. give little amount at a time. have some gas expelling prescription from doctor. most important to have a timetable if your baby is having timely  adequate sleep,food and bath. these little things are going to help you a lot.

nehakad

Post by nehakad » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:15 am

plz dont do any kind of practical on your baby without full knowledge. try to look for these... if your baby is ok in your arms but cries when u make her lie down straight it is nothing but simple colick. treatment is quite simple. try to mind your diet if you are breastfeeding her. your food affects your milk output and quality. avoid heavy and spicy food.take simply digestable food. if you have started weaning of recently then try it meshed fruits and boiled and meshed pulses,vegetables. burping is iportant after every meal. give little amount at a time. have some gas expelling prescription from doctor. most important to have a timetable if your baby is having timely  adequate sleep,food and bath. these little things are going to help you a lot.

marie clay

she

Post by marie clay » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:14 pm

We started her on solids a couple of weeks ago and Holly now has extreme pain when she tries to go for a number two. She wont stop screaming. Her stomoch is bloated. Ive tried everything and got nowhere. She is now 6mths old.
Marie Clay

HappyChic727

Re: she

Post by HappyChic727 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:14 pm

marie clay wrote:We started her on solids a couple of weeks ago and Holly now has extreme pain when she tries to go for a number two. She wont stop screaming. Her stomoch is bloated. Ive tried everything and got nowhere. She is now 6mths old.
Poor Holly . . . don't listen to your doctor . . . it is not normal for Holly to cry that much - something is wrong.  She can't tell you and I saw your other post asking for a reading to see if her guides can tell you anything.  I wouldn't waste another minute in getting her to a different doctor or even the ER and demand that tests be done.  Also, look on the Internet to see what you can find in the meantime.  Go to www.Webmd.com and see if you can find anything.  This almost sounds like something is wrong in the bowel or digestive tract.  Please keep us posted.
Using the Law of Attraction to Reach My Goals

mariemullyuk

Post by mariemullyuk » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:49 pm

It's me - Marie Clay. I made a new account after I forgot my old details.

Holly now is feeding a lot better and doesn't have pain in her stomoch any more.

At the moment though I do have another problem that has arised. She is teething. The doctors surgery is closed for a while so any advice will be gratefully received.

She coughs when she's drinking. She doesn't want to eat. She keeps putting her hand on her ear. Is the teething causing this?
The reason angels can fly is because they take themselves lightly.  ~ G.K. Chesterton

Gem

Post by Gem » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi Marie :)

Have you checked her temperature? teething can easily be mistaken for an ear infection, and teething wouldn't normaly affect drinking either. With a young child you really need to take her to a doctor to check this out as soon as possible.  There must be one open somewhere or an ER surely?

Best Wishes

mariemullyuk

Post by mariemullyuk » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:09 pm

All closed until tomorrow. The ER is to far away. Havent got a car. Ill take her to the docs first thing tomoz i think. xxx
The reason angels can fly is because they take themselves lightly.  ~ G.K. Chesterton

Return to “Family And Parenting”