Why old parents should be looked after by their children.Do we neeo old age homes?

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:37 pm

It is a choice....whatever works best for each individual....personally my mom hated the homes even the good one....in the beginning i put her in an adult day care for socialization...but she hated that too....for me I am the one who best provides for mom...she is happy here...well fed clean and groomed ....I take her to the doctor for regular check ups....so for me this is the best possible situation....
Peace

JelliedJonquil

Post by JelliedJonquil » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:57 pm

It is really great to see this arrangement working out, the main thing is that BOTH of you are happy.  

I would not care for my own mother as she is the most vindictive person I know, by caring for her I know she will make me so unhappy, stressed and out of my mind.  It is for her safety that when the time comes she is incapable of looking after herself, she will board the express train to a home.  It isn't me that thinks the same, my younger brother said there is no way he would put up with her after 2 weeks of constant abuse, demands and bullying when she went to stay with him last year.  It's sad, for her.

JJ
Faith in oneself to believe in faith to believe in oneself.  JJ

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:18 pm

I completely understand...all situations are different we must make choices that work for everyone....the care giver job can be demanding....as a matter of fact two minutes ago i just told mom to not ask me for anything for a while....my two year old is sleeping and i`d like to play online for a bit....she is having friends over this evening that she used to work with and is asking me to put out snacks and fix the chairs  etc etc etc etc...they wont be here for hours...i need quiet time...since my request she has only asked for the time....i think  mutual respect for each other is important....if i allow her to run me into the ground this will not serve either one of us...peace my friend
Peace

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:07 am

Children today move out of India for jobs. Then they settle down there and start their own families.
The laws of the country they live in often prohibit their parents from becoming citizens of that country, so the parents can visit only for a few months at a time.

How can these children look after their parents in their old age?
So, some Old Age Homes are necessary.

For those children living in the same country however, keeping their parents with them wherever they go, is and must be, the first option.
Dr. Jayashree Joshi, (MD) Physician and Herbalist
EXCLUSIVE FOCUS ON HEALTH ISSUES, with solutions through VEDIC ASTROLOGY.

TheAlchemist

Post by TheAlchemist » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:51 pm

Wow..it's been years since I've been here..I came to search for people who are caregivers..as we all need to inspire each other...I see that I have previously posted on this specific topic...My mom still lives with my family...its been ten years of caring for her...her mobility and mind set has radically declined over the last five years since my last post...it is very challenging...but I seem to be handling this great responsibility well considering the years I have spent taking care of her...I'm working harder than ever these days..please send love and prayers in my direction so I may continue on with courage and spiritual support ..Thanks
Peace

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:06 pm

I also love my mother very much.Everyone should take care of her mother.
symulhaqu07eee

Return to “Family And Parenting”