Dream Walking/Dream Shifting while pregnant?

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Nekomouse

Dream Walking/Dream Shifting while pregnant?

Post by Nekomouse » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:04 pm

Okay. So I know this may be a really stupid question but I'm a first time mother to be, so I'm allowed to have these little paranoias.

Assuming you believe and/or understanding what I'm talking about: Is dream walking (aka lucid dreaming) and/or dream shapeshifting safe for the unborn child? I ask this question on two levels, the first being on a mystical one, is the child in any danger from the spirits and beings in the dream/spirit world? And secondly, on a purely physical level, will my lowered breathing (which is sometimes so shallow that my husband will wake me up because he thinks I'm not breathing), or my lowered heart rate affect the baby in a dangerous way?

Thanks for any advice.

mariemullyuk

Post by mariemullyuk » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:40 pm

'Controlled' breathing is a form of pain relief during labour and many nurses encourage it in anti/post natal classes and neo-natal classes. You also do breathing exercises doing yoga [which is meant to be good while pregnant] and pilates. If you are concerned, go and ask your doctor. Your doctor/midwife is more qualified in answering your questions.

Good luck,

Marie xxx
The reason angels can fly is because they take themselves lightly.  ~ G.K. Chesterton

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:41 am

Another suggestion is this ..post in the dream area the dreams you are having explain that you are expecting... might be someone in that area could help ya!

I had a problem that occurred each time with my pregnancy .......... and part of it the doctor told me it was my body bringing up childhood memories and effecting my now.  

I would of been happy to have dreams over what I had ... everything from my waist down stopped functioning .. it paralyzed me.

It is normal to have fears when you are pregnant ............. If you would like to share here ... maybe we can help you further.

Best wishes to you and your new little one!
Deborah

Return to “Family And Parenting”