Children and food ...

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Deborah

Children and food ...

Post by Deborah » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:57 pm

Gosh they are picky!!!

How do I get my child to eat?  How do I know if they are getting what the body needs?

justinray111

Post by justinray111 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:54 am

I have a free e book on my website that is all about understanding how our bodies react to nutrition at a cellular level. Please get it, it really helps to understand what our children need. I suggest a proper organic source supplement and Nutrilite I have found to be the best.

We really try to feed our kids right, but it can be so difficult, mine are 18months and 4. My 4 year old loves her natural source multivit. All the food available, even the fresh veggies etc are so depleted of goodness by commercial farming that it has as much food value as the frozen stuff.
I am very interested and involved in human nutrition and educating people in this regard.

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:26 pm

What about organic?  

we are an organic farm :)

justinray111

Post by justinray111 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:24 am

Do you mean that you have an organic farm? If so, that is wonderful but you are a minute percentage of the people.

Proper vitamins from natural sources only last a couple of hours in picked fruit and veggies before the content drastically drops. Even organic grown fruit and veg on the supermarket shelf has a much lower vitamin content than the original fresh ones.

The phytonutrients in organic grown is also much higher than that of commercial grown stuff. By phytonutrients I am talking about a newly discovered class of nutrients discovered recently that is only found in fresh fruit and veg.
I am very interested and involved in human nutrition and educating people in this regard.

kgirlsmomma

Post by kgirlsmomma » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:05 pm

Family mealtime is very important...At any age...prepare healthy food, sit down and eat...You're teaching your child SO much during family mealtime..how to eat..what..healthy eating, talking, exchanging ideas, how to behave properly, and things too numerous to mention.  If your child is hungry, and what you've offering is their only 'option'..they'll eat.  Avoid caving to the child's pressure for the 'snackie' foods in the house for meals.  Limit them.  We don't want 'disordered eating' to become an 'eating disorder'.

suhreel

Post by suhreel » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:55 am

This isn't directly related... but it fits the subject line so here goes...

As for getting your child to eat, that's a tough question.  Kgirlsmomma seemed to have the best answer and I agree with her that if nutritious food is your childs only option they will have to learn to eat it.  Maybe if you find making sure they are getting all the proper nutrients overwhelming, you can start by focusing on ensuring you stay strict about removing all of the unhealthy aspects of their diet and go from there.  

I also highly recommend to make sure to feed them as much organic food as possible.  Try to feed your child as little sugar and corn syrup as possible.  Be extremely cautious about what additives and food dyes you are allowing them to eat.  You can do research online about how food dyes are a big problem with kid's behavior nowadays. Particularly the Red #40.  

Just look up good sources of protein and maybe even try intergrating some yummy organic vegan recipes into your regular meal plans.  There are lots of good alternatives if you are interested.

Good luck!
If you want a destiny...THEN MAKE ONE!

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:31 pm

very right you are ..

I have my own school which is organic served!  ( I raise my own meat, veggies etc)

all the other stuff that makes our food last longer - has cancer connections .. and if you think they do not connect with adhd add and such then think again!

Return to “Family And Parenting”