DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

lluvia

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Post by lluvia » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:14 pm

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE OF ANY RACE,AGE,,SEXUAL ORIENTACION,RELIGION OR GENDER.AFFECTS PEOPLE OF ALL SOCIOECONOMICS BACK GROUNDS N EDUCATION LEVELS. ABUSE IA A PATTERN OF COECIVE CONTROL THAT ONE PERSON EXERCISE OVER ANOTHER.BATTERING IS A BEHAVIOR THAT PHYSICALLY HARMS,AROUSES FEAR PREVENTS A PARTNER FROM DOING WHAT THEY WISH OR FORCES THEM TO BEHAVE IN WAYS THEY DONT WANT. BATTERING INCLUDES THE USE OF PHYSICAL N SEXUAL VIOLENCE,THREATS N INTIMIDATION,EMOTIONAL ABUSE N ECONOMIC DEPRIVATION.PLEASE ALWAYS CARY THE NUMBER ITS A LIFE SAVER.TO ALL MY WOMENS OUT THERE PLEASE BE SAFE.YOU ARE VERY LOVED LLUVIA  PS YOU NEVER KNOW WHOS GOING TO NEED IT BE BLESSED

Phone numbers are not allowed to be posted on our forums.

Brian

dhav

Post by dhav » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:10 am

Thank you Illuvia.I hope the phone number helps many who happen to see it here. ;-)
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

Bandit81101

Post by Bandit81101 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:45 am

Who exactly does the number call?  If I ever give it out, I would like to be able to tell them who they are seeking for help :)  and thank you for sharing!!
Fairytales don't tell children that dragons exist, they already know that dragons exist.  Fairytales tell them that dragons can be defeated.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:39 pm

http://www.ndvh.org/
National Domestic Violence Hotline

I did a search on the phone number and this is what came up. I hope posting the url here, this time is ok.

This link has been approved for posting on our forums.

Brian

Deborah

Post by Deborah » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:57 am

Also remember there are shelters all over the United States.

I would like to remind people that not always is it a woman who is abused .....
many cases its a man who is being abused -

and many times a woman sits back and watches her child be abused ...........  if you are a minor do not give up ..find a close person to talk to a teacher / school nurse/ principal etc.  My school principal helped me .. and it did not happen over night!

mickymac

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Post by mickymac » Thu May 08, 2008 1:38 am

i hate any type of violence.
it should never be condoned.
there is enough violence in the world with out having to bring it home.
any one who is unfortunate to have been attacked should also seek legal advice.
putting a stop to violence is also the first steps to handling the issue of violence within yourself and also the first step
to making sure it doesnt happen again.
blessedbe

swduryee

Post by swduryee » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:46 am

I realize that this is a "Get Educated on Domestic Abuse" However, I was a victim for 8 years as was lucky to get out of it alive. I do know that there are some who do not get out of domestic violence relationships. A friend of mine/ex-sister-in-law was one of those women that wasn't so lucky. Her husband not only beat her but pushed her out of a moving truck that was going about 60 or 65 MPH. Although, there were witness who seen what happened he was arrested but his dad bailed him out of jail and got him off on top of it. Unfortunately he never learned his lesson and did it again this time he was not able to get bonded out of jail and he got a life sentence. One of my cusion was taken from a school parking lot by her ex-husband, he buried her alive leaving 4 children because she left him due to the abuse.
When women are abused they loose allot, but for me when it came to my children I didn't care what he did to me as long as my kids were safe from his abuse. Also, when someone isn't in that situation, it is easy for them to tell them what they would and wouldn't do (I used to be that way until I was in that situation) especially when your children are threatened and they are very little. I have even been asked, "What did you do to deserve it?" In abusive situations the victum doesn't have to do anything but breathe and it happens. I try to help and talk to people who are in that situation and let them know that I do understand. That is one thing that does help, not a lot at first but it does give them something to think about, for them to know that they aren't alone others have and still are in that situation. When they know that you were in that situation and was able to get out it gives them hope. If anyone is in that situation and is reading this know that you can get out of that situation and that there is help out there as well as you are not alone. I am proof that you can get out of the situation.
One other thing, when there is an abusive relationship and someone does get out of it the abuser will go and hunt the abusee down (been there 4 different times had to move somewhere where he couldn't find me especially with a double barrel shot gun and having it trained on my children as he had done three different times). Be careful and trust in yourself as well as the people who are helping you because you will need all the support that you can get.
Sharon

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:56 am

Server not found error.

Brian

swduryee

Post by swduryee » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:29 am

Hi tourbi,
I would like to say thank you for the hug. It means a lot to me and I am sure for others as well.
Sharon

Jeanius

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Post by Jeanius » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:15 pm

This post could have come from South Africa except that the number is not. We have a major Domestic Violence problem. It is deeply entrenched in our society across all ethnic and class groups.

We have a serious family murder problem too and it is often policemen and soldiers that wipe out their families.

Many organisations work with individuals, families and communinities towards changing the situation.

Part of the reasons why we have such a high HIV and Aids problem is due to Domestic Violence and Gender Power Relations.

We are very committed to changing the social status of women and our laws reflect this.
Shaping the Laws that Shape our Lives

firetopaz

Post by firetopaz » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:43 pm

Jeanius...my stomach turns when I think on how these people suffer...Unfortunately no matter what country you live in abuse happens.  We have strict laws in the U.S. , but it still goes on for years cuz people turn their heads and don't want to get involved...or their is no real proof...the abusers are sneaky, which is why I am grateful that there are shelters that will support woman  and children who need it.  Most victims are terrified to speak out and need someone to walk the walk with them.  Their abusers have spent years telling them they deserve it, and even though a part of them doesn't believe it, there is a part that does.  It will take years of help for them to heal...and most need help to get away.   As an empath, I can usually "feel" another's pain and am grateful I was able to help a few escape the bonds of abuse...but there are many more suffering in this world.  Keep your eyes  and hearts open for them.  Don't turn away...God put them in your path for a reason.  

swduryee :  I am SO proud of you!  It is not easy to live your life feeling like every day could be your last.  For most women in abusive relationships, the man treated them exceptionally well...and the abuse progresses so slowly, they work on your self-esteem, and emotions before they progress to physical abuse..that they are in so deep it is hard to get out when they finally realize OMG!  this man is psycho!  They are also REAL good at convincing others that the woman is nuts and they are saints for putting up with them.  The women are cut off from family and friends so they have no one to turn to.  Is this what you have seen as well?  That what doesn't kill you makes you strong..
There are protective shelters in every state, I am not sure where you live, if this helps you....?  But ..........
God Bless you and keep you and your's safe.

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:37 am

Domestic violence, also known as domestic abuse, spousal abuse, battering, family violence, and intimate partner violence , is defined as a pattern of abusive behaviors by one partner against another in an intimate relationship such as marriage, dating, family, or cohabitation. Domestic violence, so defined, has many forms, including physical aggression or assault (hitting, kicking, biting, shoving, restraining, slapping, throwing objects), or threats thereof; sexual abuse; emotional abuse; controlling or domineering; intimidation; stalking; passive/covert abuse (e.g., neglect); and economic deprivation. Alcohol consumptio and mental illness can be co-morbid with abuse, and present additional challenges in eliminating domestic violence. Awareness, perception, definition and documentation of domestic violence differs widely from country to country, and from era to era.

Domestic violence and abuse is not limited to obvious physical violence. Domestic violence can also mean endangerment, criminal coercion, kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment, trespassing, harassment, and stalking.

Kaycee Griffeth

Post by Kaycee Griffeth » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:20 pm

Here's a good read about domestic abuse.

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/abuse ... -abuse.htm

This link has been approved for posting on our forums.

Brian

Return to “Family And Parenting”