I have two sons in foster care~

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

avaiyak

I have two sons in foster care~

Post by avaiyak » Fri May 02, 2008 10:56 am

I have a son in foster care in Portland OR. I have another son in foster care in Anchorage Alaska.  My parental rights have not been revoked in either case.  the one in Portland OR has been out of my care for five years.  the one here in Alaska has been in foster care for 2 years.  I have not told the one in Portland OR about my 2 year old yet.  In a few months I will be getting my 2 year old back into my custody.  The one in Portland OR is 12 years old.  Should I tell my 12 year old about my 2 year old now?  Thank you for your advice should you happen to reply to this for me!~
Vera Jean Cooper

ravenspagan

sons in foster care

Post by ravenspagan » Sun May 04, 2008 6:07 am

now just speaking as a mother my opion and you can take it or not is that i would tell the 12 year old after the 2 year old is back in your care so if there is any way for them to meet it will be possiable. most 12 year olds take the news of a younger sibling quite well. however if he feels like you have replaced him with the younger one it could be a slight problem. the best way to deal with that is to assure him that he is loved and wanted and that you are doing everything in your power to be reunited with him.
yes i am a witch

mickymac

i have two sons in foster care

Post by mickymac » Thu May 08, 2008 1:06 am

definately be honest with your sons.at least there will be no lies
blessedbe

Return to “Family And Parenting”