just showing off...

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Doe

just showing off...

Post by Doe » Fri May 02, 2008 2:15 pm

I'm not necessarily looking for anyone to "read" this (unless something comes up for anyone!)--I just got this new photo of myself with one of the two major miracles in my life..my son...and I just wanted my wonderful friends here to see him (the photo was taken during a hot and heavy game of mini-golf).  I am SO proud of him.  I know I'm his mother, and would say (I hope!) wonderful things about him anyway, but he is truly one of the most (maybe even THE most) kind, compassionate, empathic, tolerant, funny smart people (not just children...people) I have ever met.  Seriously.

Did I mention that I'm proud of him?  :smt007
Attachments
IMG_0866.JPG
IMG_0866.JPG (181.92 KiB) Viewed 6439 times

dhav

Post by dhav » Fri May 02, 2008 2:21 pm

Hey Doe,

Your son is really cuteeeeee.

dhav ;-)
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

Doe

Post by Doe » Fri May 02, 2008 2:35 pm

Thanks, dhav--that's what I like to hear!   :smt003

I wish I knew how to bottle (or at least tap into!) whatever it is he has.

Doe

dhav

Post by dhav » Fri May 02, 2008 2:50 pm

Hi Doe,

Whatever it is he has let him be naturally.He is still very young.While growing up he will self learn how to tap into it himself.About the empathic part he can learn shielding himself.Well as I said he will learn by himself with everyday experience.It's part of his growth.Atleast you are there to guide him.
You both make a wonderful pair.really.

dhav ;-)
OnLy*I*LoVe*U~~I am a sweet Lovely Girl

Psychic Chef

Post by Psychic Chef » Fri May 02, 2008 3:01 pm

Well so that what you look like with out your pixie hat disquise.
D is a lucky son of a gun.
Your son is wonderfuly empathic and is a old soul the last time he was here he lived till he was 80.
There is a old logic to him as well so dont let him get away with too much he is as wiley as a fox.
I hope you like grandchildren  because i sense you are going to be busy.
Cheers Pete

suzisco

Post by suzisco » Fri May 02, 2008 4:56 pm

Moved to here because we don't do readings for under 18's.  He is smashing and i think you should show him off here.

Regards

Suzi
Enjoy when you can and endure when you must.
Everydays Predictions - Symbols - Picture Reading - Spirituality    Please support Mystic Board Donate Here

Doe

Post by Doe » Fri May 02, 2008 4:59 pm

Whoops--sorry!  I really wasn't thinking of it as a "reading", but that's a good policy!

Thanks!

Doe

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri May 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Happy family.  Great looking son!! Great looking mom!!
Keep enjoying, keep guiding and doing what you are doing!!
Thank you for sharing.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Doe

Post by Doe » Fri May 02, 2008 5:18 pm

Thanks for the nice remarks, everyone--sorry for being such a "mom" about the whole thing; it's just that every so often I "fall in love" with my son all over again (he did something that just floored me this past weekend), and I guess I just felt like sharing him!

Pete, you're definitely not the first person to say that he's an "old soul"--some of the things that come out of that boy's mouth...no idea HOW he comes up with some of the things he thinks about!  I'm not so sure about myself and the "past life" thing, but that boy's been around the block a few times!  :smt004  And I have no doubt that he'll be off creating grandchildren for me first chance he gets!  (On the D. being lucky thing, though--not sure how lucky he is with ole "foot-in-mouth", "open-door policy" me!!  :smt002 --but thanks...)

One of my biggest prayers is that I don't screw him up, and that I can raise him to be the great man (however you want to define it--he will do something wonderful for people, though!) he was born to be.  It's kind of scary sometimes, isn't it?

Doe

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Fri May 02, 2008 5:27 pm

Sweet heart.  We all make mistakes, even mom.  What is important is trying to do what is right.  When we make mistakes, fess up and then make amends, learn.  If you teach your children that they aren't perfect in the sense that they will never make mistakes, wellllllllllll.  By your helping them to go out, make their best effort, learn from the mistakes, enjoy the wins then you are a great mom.
The woman I have seen here does her best, is willing to make mistakes and learn from them. YEA!!! You're a great mom!!
Kids will have problems, have stuff to learn about and work through.  That is part of being born.  Look at these forums.  People here talking about life and their learning projects about themselves in this life.
If you are meant to help your child learn some things and work thru karma, be blessed that he picked you and you picked him so you can do it together.  At least the things and goofs and mistakes and lessons are done from a place of love.  What more can you give a child.  The ability to learn, grow and keep becoming more and more.
Hugs and love,
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Doe

Post by Doe » Fri May 02, 2008 5:40 pm

WHAT?!!!  ME make mistakes?!!  NEVER!!!!  (read:  OFTEN!!!)  I do try to make amends and explain myself to him and admit to him when I'm wrong--he just makes it so easy.  And I'm lucky in that D. also will gently tell me when he thinks I've been too hard on my son--just in case I miss it!  My son also got a kind of guardian spirit looking out for him as a result of the things I write about here, so that makes me feel good!

I promise you that I'm not one of those, "MY kid can do no wrong" parents (in spite of what I sound like here!).  I do insist that he be kind (and I've never seen him be deliberately cruel--like his mother, he won't even kill a bug!), and polite, and respectful.  Pete's right, though, he definitely has a mind of his own in a BIG way (not to mention a very big mouth--loves to hear himself talk, sing, make noises, etc.), and he can be stubborn as anything (gosh--not like his mother there, huh?  :smt005 ).

Thank you so much, Tourbi--that was really sweet, and helpful.

Doe

Return to “Family And Parenting”