Im really nervous about being a dad.. do you have any suggestions?

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Clay.Aiken

Im really nervous about being a dad.. do you have any suggestions?

Post by Clay.Aiken » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:18 am

I am nervous about being a new dad. This is all new to me. I love children, It's just this will be my own child. Any suggestions or tips for me?
Thanks so much
Clay
The greatest glory never comes from falling, but from rising each time you fall.

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:44 am

I think that all we male have been there, in one way or another.

I think the best way is just to relax, follow what comes natural, and be willing to change if been corrected from the mother.

You say you love children, and then I am sure you will be a great Pa for your own.

As they grow, always remember to be fair, be on guard for manipulation from your child, to avoid thing they don't like, or not allowed to.

Both parents need to have the same rule, and it is important NOT give in on things, just to be "Kind", or to avoid crying, if you do, then expect more of it. :)

So most thing comes natural....just love them with all your heart....but know that they shall meet Real life" and for that you must prepare them :)

Good luck to you all 3 :)

ImALostSoul

Post by ImALostSoul » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:26 am

Well said Rhutobello
The Rules are there to help kids find a even expectation of there parents.
Clay i understand that this baby is with your friend Jaymes.
What a wonderful and totaly unselfish act you have done to help your friend like that. You deserve a pat on the back for that one.
Im sure you will be the best dad you can be and will be amazed how it will all seem fine as you grow with your newborn child.
With my kid, i just made sure they knew right from wrong and allowed him to find is own answers to the problems he encountered.
I would ask him questions to get him to think of the issue he had and then we would compromise where we could or i would try to disipline as best i could.
Remember you can only do your best.

Remember they will always love you,

AP

Delilah

Post by Delilah » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:07 am

Oh yes children can be hard at times but I know that you will make a good father.

Love you Clay.

Delilah.

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:01 pm

Be consistent, Love, but don't be indulgent, that leads to self indulgence.  Guide, be a good role model.
They have big eyes and big ears and see and hear everything, esp. what their beloved parents do and say.
Be the role model that you want your child to become. Even the smallest things like the little dirty look, the tone of voice, not eating the lima beans and saying "ewwww" when you want them to eat it, is seen by them.
It can be fun and enjoyable and then there are days when it is a real challenge and then they throw their arms around you with a huge smile and say they love you.
Please remember to love them, thru the tears, the pouting, the time outs.  When they know you love them thru it all, it helps a lot!! Image
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:09 am

hai clay,

my heartiest congrats to new dad, i wish u very best time with your new born. Always try to share the work of caring the child with your partner, dont think , that is her duty only , there must be equal share of both the parents in bringing up a child.  With mutual co operation u could enjoy more joy with your kid

Try to be a role model to your youngsters in parenting . Initial stage, looking after a kid will be bit nervous, but after some time once you are able to handle the child properly,  u will surely enjoy fully .  Seeing a smile and hearing a child's voice is incomparable joy and pleasure indeed, that is real boon from GOD to every human,  which  one should never miss.  All the best.  Try to follow tourbiji's advises.

with lots of hugs and love

prasanna.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Clay.Aiken

Post by Clay.Aiken » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:37 am

Oh my, Thank you all for all the warm and kind suggestions. You are all such wonderful people Thank you

Clay

P.S.
I love you too Delilah
The greatest glory never comes from falling, but from rising each time you fall.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:40 am

My best wishes and sweet kisses to sweet cute kid Delilah."  May GOD bless the child with hale and healthy long life."
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Quirita

nervous

Post by Quirita » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:19 am

Just be loving the rest will come if you are truly loving

soulsearch

Post by soulsearch » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:36 am

Just love them and be there for them....treat them like individuals...rest everything will flow.
They make our lives special.

Take care !!

Return to “Family And Parenting”