Children Sucking Their Tongues and Mouth and Pulling Out Their Hair

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

kanwa

Children Sucking Their Tongues and Mouth and Pulling Out Their Hair

Post by kanwa » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:48 pm

Please help. My 5 Year old  daughter sucks her tongue and pulls out her hair while doing so. Right now she has no hair in front of her head and this has become a habit I dont know what to do

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:39 am

dear kanwa,
         Dont worry much about your daughter's habit,  it is common  in many children at this age.  Do not force her ever to take out her finger .  Dont use harsh words ever.  Try to make her understand it is not good politely in soft words and voice.  If u force any child , he or she will feel hurt and they will become adamant ever.  So being a young mother you should have more patience to deal with her.  Show some other child of her age and tell how she is good, and make her grow bold.  Spend more time with her, when ever she sucks her fingers try to give good eatables, dont introduce chocolate, give some healthy food.  Pulling hair is not healthy .  If u  are a working woman try to share more time with her.  These two habits of her shows she is lacking courage or feeling insecure.    Try to boost her courage, motivate her by  teaching some good stories,  spending more time with her will help her  leave these  two habits.  I expect reply from u.  Good luck.  I felt u are  a lady,  rite?  i am mother of 23 years old boy, i ve seen many children with these habits, it is not alarming, so u can easily come out of these problems.

with luv,
prasanna.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Return to “Family And Parenting”