Kids And Their Cute Views

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

firetopaz

Post by firetopaz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:16 am

My older son has always had a curious nature...loved to explore and sometimes got into mischief.  I walked into the kitchen and found a whole dozen eggs methodically broken onto the floor.  I was secretly amused cuz I know how he is....it was fun to watch them break and at 3 he didn't have a lot of self-control, but I hid my smile so as not to encourage him to do it again...I asked " Jake, what happened here?"  He looked up at me with big round eyes and said "Jesse did it"  I said "Jesse, my she is one amazing dog to be able to open that refrigerator door with her paws"  He looked at me so serious and said "yeah, she is!"

Jesse also was very adept at finding candy wherever I hid it and giving to jake when he wasn't supposed to have it.

When my daughter was small she found clothing to be very restrictive.  So I turned up the heat and let her run around in her skivvies.  I didn't realize the harm it would cause later.  I lived in an apartment where there was a lot of children and she was extremely active.  I was very friendly with a neighbor who had a twelve year old daughter and she would come by to visit and would regularly take my daughter out to play so I could get some housework done.  The only problem was every time I looked out the window there would be my child riding her tricycle happily...completely nude.  I would run out and dress her, but five minutes later...yep! completely nude.  I finally brought her in screaming and kicking and told her she could not play outside if she didn't keep her clothes on.  It was only okay to be undressed in the house.  I was so proud...she kept her clothes on the rest of the day.  I finally called her in for lunch and she walked in to the kitchen...nude again.  There was a trail of her clothing all the way to the kitchen starting at the front porch ...she really didn't like clothes.  Now she is a grown woman with a closet full of the latest designs...always showing me her latest find...but I can't help but see my little naked girl who hated to wear any clothes.

firetopaz

Post by firetopaz » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:41 am

writing those last stories got me reminiscing...Jesse our black lab was with us eleven years.  I had taken her mother(zsa-zsa) away from a man who was abusing her..and lo and behold Zsa-Zsa had 10 puppies her first litter.  I put out a Free Puppy sign (this was  20 years ago, people did that then) and had a string of people come to choose a puppy...I didn't realize until there were a few left that every time someone came to get a puppy my daughter grabbed the same puppy and hid it in her room till they were gone.  When I noticed I pulled her on to my lap and explained that we already had a dog and lived in a small apartment...there wasn't room for two dogs.  Oh she cried like only a two year old with a broken heart can.  I love animals and had helped Zsa-Zsa birth these babies and loved them too...so when there were only two left a couple came wanting a puppy I told them we only had the one left.  Of course Jesse was safely hidden with my daughter in her room....and remained with us till an accident eleven years later.  We bought a house in the country and she roamed about with my daughter, and later with my son, many a happy day.  I still don't understand how my daughter could pick that one puppy out of the ten.  They were all black with no markings and I, who cared for them every day had a hard time.  Guess they connected on a different level.  I smile as I write this cuz her Love for animals is VERY strong.  She has two house bunnies, a one-eyed cat...and just this weekend added LOLA to the mix...a baby puggle (pug/beagle).  I pray they have many happy years together...meanwhile I am trying to type over a flicking tail and between scratching a fuzzy chin {the cat's not mine}, cuz my cat NEEDs to  sleep on my chest  there fore ...any typo' s I blame on her...she  is very sorry.  I think!?

Crow

Happy Holidays

Post by Crow » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:28 am

Mommy where does Santa get all his gifts?

They are made by the elves at the south pole.

Well mom, then how come they always come in packages?  That makes no sense what so ever!

-My five year old daughter.
I drempt that I was one of a million pieces only to find myself whole in everything I looked at. Only to re-shatter the memory.

jimmy619

Post by jimmy619 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:19 am

my cousin sister... she is still 2 years and she nods her head for qustions we ask to her... and guess wat its like she understands every thing and gives a propoer yes or no
with regards jimmy619

nighthawk

Post by nighthawk » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:26 am

I have 5 kids. not so long ago my now 7 year old girl would announce to everyone, esp the checkout clerks that her name was not Lilly, it was Poot-Butt. Her Grandmother always called her that, for whatever reason!, but for a while that was all she would answer to.
My 15 month old girl is a true joy, very happy most of the time. She gets excited and she dances around in a circle. We had fresh green beans for dinner one night and she was thrilled! She stuck one green bean 1/2 way up one nostril and proceded to sing and dance around in her little circle. We called it her green bean dance. lol Probably shouldn't have laughed, because that will only encourage her, but dang, it was really funny!

nighthawk

Post by nighthawk » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Riding in the car with my 9 year old son, I got exasperated with his constant chatter and told him, " You do -not- need to let every thought that comes into your head come out of your mouth."
To which he replied, " Well, can I let it come out of the other end then?"

FairyQueen

reply back

Post by FairyQueen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:02 am

Witty one. Share some more.
It must be difficult but it is going to be an experience of a lifetime.

akashasmiles

Post by akashasmiles » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:32 am

My youngest is 9 and my boyfriend recently taught him how to play Magic (the card game). After a game or two he picked it up really well and started beating the adults he played against regularly. One day I happened to be in the room when he won a game against my boyfriend and my sisters boyfriend rather quickly. He stands up, cleans up his cards, look right at them and says "Mercy is for the playground NOT the battlefield!" I almost died laughing!

sweet doll

Post by sweet doll » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:27 am

ok i also want to share a story of my little sister.

she was three year old then and we took her to the zoo to show her animals.we all were looking around the zoo and saw the animals.when we returned at home in the evening i asked my little sis what did she see in the zoo?

she paused for a moment and said

"people in the zoo"

we all laughed at her comment.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:45 am

Really Cute Kids and Cute talks. Thanks.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Return to “Family And Parenting”