Single Parenting

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

swetha
Site Admin

Single Parenting

Post by swetha » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:30 am

Does anyone have experience with single parenting? My sis in law is one and facing problems with her kid who seems to have become stubborn. he is a wonderful kid but is getting destructive by the day. says i will not do my homework? what will u do?

FairyQueen

reply back

Post by FairyQueen » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:13 am

Try to find the root of the kid's irritation. Give him little more care and affection. But be cautious don't pamper him all the time it will worsen the condition. Love can change everything so be little more optimistic and give full support to your sister in law.    

:smt007

ConfusedMind

Post by ConfusedMind » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:20 pm

find another stubborn and obstinate child like him. show him all the bad sides of this newly found obstinate boy/girl. discuss with him how badly these habits are treated by others. and then tell him that he is a good boy. he is not like this obstinate fellow. praise that he does not deserve may arise conscience in him. at least you can try this once.
I'm weird

Rhutobello

Post by Rhutobello » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:39 pm

http://www.troubledwith.com/ParentingTe ... %20divorce

I think the main thing for any parents to do, is to love their child(ren).
To never use them against each other in fight for own pride.
To never give them away, because one are afraid one will loose them to the other part.

A Kid has a BRAIN!
A kid Has a BIG IMAGINATION.
A KID often feel that he(she) is the cause of the breakup.

Its very important that such feelings are removed from the child, by showing unconditional love.

A PARENT are A PARENT, and can NEVER be substituted by friends or family, if not because of death of parents, or unsuited...but even here a kid will fight for their bonds.

If one start to be creative in order to "save own" pride, or to be sure to keep own child, then one only manage to do one thing..."DESTROY THE CHILD(REN)"

MOM AND DAD IS THE LIFE BOND, everyone else, is just everyone else.

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:40 am

How do kids get along with a new step parent? how do you deal with their issues then?

Return to “Family And Parenting”