Children with Hyperactivity

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Medical Astrology

Children with Hyperactivity

Post by Medical Astrology » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:11 am

I thought I'd share my views and experiences about children with Hyperactivity and ADHD, on this forum.

Birth charts of children with Hyperactivity either show a very strong influence of the planet Mercury on the chart or a badly affected Mercury in the chart (horoscope).

Mercury is described as a youthful, fast-moving planet, which increases 'vaata' wherever it goes.

Vaata is one of the three doshas described in Ayurveda (the others being pitta and kapha).

Vaata gives to a person, besides other things, fast activity, an often erratic behaviour pattern, a liking for moving objects, a piercing intellect (many a time), a tendency to outbursts, a marked impatience and extreme curiosity about things.
All these are chararcteristics seen in hyperactive children!

Of course, it is not always Mercury alone that is responsible for the hyperactivity, as other planets too have a role to play and the chart needs to be seen in its totality.

But I would like to emphasise that the horoscopes of hyperactive children show a preponderance of the 'vaata' factor.

As a corollary therefore, a diet which reduces 'vaata' would be ideal for these children.

Vaata is also reduced by OIL.
Oils that contain the herbs Gotu kola or Shatavari, therefore, can be used very effectively in controlling hyperactivity.

(Both Gotu kola and Shatavari are known to subdue a malefic Mercury in a horoscope).

I have noticed that small measures such as these can help a child with mild to moderate ADHD keep off Ritalin, which is no mean achievement!

Return to “Family And Parenting”