Preschool? How important?

The dynamics of Childcare and relationships have changed & needs a closer look... Discuss Parenting & Family issues here.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

alise

Preschool? How important?

Post by alise » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:02 pm

Do you think it is bad to not have a 4 year old in preschool? My daughter is very smart and social she was in preschool last year and this year we cant afford it. So i feel she is missing out the most with the social aspect of things. As we have just moved and dont really know any other little kids. Do you think this could put hear behind?

PixieWitch

Post by PixieWitch » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:49 pm

It might put her behind a little but don't sweat it too much. My son has autism and his social skills were behind that of kids his age, not too long ago. Now he's completely caught up! The point is, it's amazing how quick these bright kids can absorb and learn.

I know how you feel not being able to afford it. When my son was first diagnosed, the dr suggested ABA therapy, which is rediculously expensive. There was just no way. I felt guilty for not being able to afford what he needed.

My advice is work with her as much as you can. Kindergarten might be an adjustment the first couple weeks but her social skills will catch up. Depending on how it is where you live, the school will probably want her to know her shapes, colors, abcs, and numbers 1-10.

jasuh

preschool

Post by jasuh » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:10 am

i say they love preschool its socially good but so is the stability of being home with a parent , as long as you love them they will blossom
you are your own

thedarkpixie

Post by thedarkpixie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:33 pm

As long as they know their basics before starting kindergarten, then you shouldn't have to worry about the actual learning part; as far as socially, if you can maybe have her join something, or even just taking her to the park and letting her play with other kids. You know, they say only children tend to be the most well-adjusted, so you likely have nothing to worry about.

Return to “Family And Parenting”