Acne Scars

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

alee

Acne Scars

Post by alee » Sat May 24, 2008 12:03 am

Does anyone have any tips on acne scars?

I used to get acne (lots of them) but now due to my age, it's reduced but I still get the odd pimple now and again, however my face it's like the surface of the moon with many "craters".

:smt012  :smt017  :smt011  :smt017  :smt012

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Sun May 25, 2008 8:35 pm

aloe vera has literally erased my acne scars and i highly recommend its use now.

aloe Vera plant is very useful in the treatment of acne and acne scars as it contains healing properties and also has the capacity to restore the skin and recreate the damaged skin regions.

the best way to use its healing properties is to apply a cut leaf directly in your face.  you have to cut off the throns on the edges and use the gel of the plant

squeaky

Post by squeaky » Tue May 27, 2008 3:30 am

i like the sound of the aloe.

another option especially for old scars could be bioptron light therapy if you have someone near you that does this

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Sat May 31, 2008 3:38 pm

i have never heard of bioptron light therapy before, would you mind explaining it a bit ?

I forgot to mention that rosehip oil or rosamosqueta oil is also a very good treatment for acne scars and any type of scars for that matter and I do recommend its use if you don't have oily skin.

simi

Post by simi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:23 am

I heard that Curcumin, an extract taken from turmeric is quite helpful in reducing Acne. One of my best friends was suffering with acne problem.  It worked for her nicely and now her skin is totally problem free.

postalsusie

two more

Post by postalsusie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:59 pm

1) porters salve, which you can still get.. I really dont know why this stuff is so special because its mainly ZINC ( which is WAY better for your skin that VIT E) but... this stuff is more than that, it works wonders on stuff that NOTHING else works on.

http://rundles-porterssalve.com/

Second.
Its proved that vibration and  scrubbing  helps you make collagen. So if it helps you fill in wrinkles it should help you with acne scars.
There are lots of hand held massagers on the market today at drugstores and Wallyworld. Lady bugs, computer mice little doggies, you name it, all for under ten bucks. Get in the habit of massaging your skin while your watching TV. Its all About stimulation and oxygen to your skin right ?

Good luck *S*

Silvaglo

Post by Silvaglo » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:34 pm

MM alee,

As was mentioned in another post here Rosa Mosqeta oil is excellent for scars as well as acne and aging skin. There is also another one out that is called Bio-Oil, it's contains PurCellin Oil and is good for Scars, Stretch Marks, Uneven Skin Tone, Aging Skin and Dehydrated Skin.

Aubrey Organics has a lot of wonderful natural cosmetics and I will add the link to the web-site below. He has a wonderful lotion called: "Collagen & Almond Moisturizing Hand & Body Lotion and it is realtively inexpensive at $12.25 for an 8 oz pump bottle. I've been using this lotion for years and I am 54 years old with virtually no wrinkles and if I start to break out from dry skin it clears the pimple up before it comes to full bloom. :)

I've also purchased a bottle of the pure Rosa Mosqueta Essential Oil and sometimes add a drop or two to the lotion while in my hand before I use it. It's also great for damaged hair. :)

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/

Aubrey also has a wonderful book that you can purchase on his site above called:
" Natural Organic Hair and Skin Care" for: $17.25

Also.... steaming for face for 10 to 20 minutes a few times a week is great for stimulating collagen production as well as steam cleaning your pores. I usually use a handfull of Chamomile and a few other herbs that pertain to my skin type when I do this. Just boil water in your tea pot (if you have one) and take a large preferably glass bowl and use a large towel to tent over your head. I set a timer and keep a cold wet wash cloth on hand as the sweat and moisture from the steam can make your nose itch. lol After your done splash your face good with cool and then cold water and put your choice above on it. Your skin will be pink to red from the steam for a little while but will feel great. :)

I hope this helps you!

I'll post a few recipes later, one for a peel off mask to help keep the dead skins cells sloughed off.

Return to “Health And Beauty”