A Fruit A Day

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

A Fruit A Day

Post by prasanna » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:42 pm

Health benefits of Bananas

1. Banana is an energy booster.
  2. Banana contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin. Serotonin is a hormone that is known to make you feel happy and improve your mood.
  3. Banana is a rich source of iron, thus it is helpful in cases of anemia.
  4. Banana is good a good source of potassium. If you are taking diuretics take 2 bananas a day to prevent the depletion of potassium in the body.
  5. The skin of the banana is said to help remove warts(cover the warts with the inner skin of banana).
  6. Banana is good for people who have high blood pressure because it is low in salt.

Banana is also helpful in the following cases : Stomach ulcer (banana has a natural antacid), Colitis, Digestive disorder, Diarrhea, Constipation (banana is high in fiber), Hemorrhoids

Nutritive Values : Per 100 gm.

* Vitamin A : 430 I.U.
   * Vitamin B : Thiamine .04 mg.;
   * Vitamin C : 10 mg.
   * Calcium : 8 mg.
   * Iron : 6 mg.
   * Phosphorus : 28 mg.
   * Potassium : 260 mg.
   * Carbohydrates : 23 gm
   * Protein : 1.2 mg.
   * Calories : 88

Betrayed

Post by Betrayed » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:07 pm

No wonder I've been happy!

There's like a daily supply at home. 8D

I heard it also helps to reduce anxiety.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:24 am

Thanks for sharing .

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:57 am

One of the medical benefits of bananas is they can be used to fight against intestinal disorders, including ulcers. Bananas are one of the only fruits that can be safely consumed by ulcer patients. Bananas neutralize the acidity of gastric juices, thus reducing ulcer irritation by coating the lining of the stomach. Not only can bananas relieve painful systems of ulcers, and other intestinal disorders, but they can also promote healing.

Another of the many medical benefits of bananas includes using them as a treatment for burns and wounds. By beating a ripe banana into a pasty substance, and spreading it over a burn or wound, it can give immediate pain relief! The banana paste should be covered by a cloth bandage for best results. Even the leaves of a banana tree can be used as a cool compress for burns or wounds.

Other medical benefits of bananas include aiding in:

constipation and diarrhea relief
treatment of arthritis
treatment of anemia
With so many medical benefits, bananas are quickly becoming the most popular fruit in America. Like no other fruit, bananas contain no fat, sodium, or cholesterol. On top of being a healthy part of any daily diet, there are many medical benefits of bananas.

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks for your wonderful sharing of informations regarding Banana.

peacelovevegan

Post by peacelovevegan » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Thanks for sharing! I love banana's - they're nice in baking, but I love the best when eating them raw, just biting into one or, as I do every morning, have chopped banana with my weetbix and soy milk. Yummy breakfast and  makes me feel good to know I'm putting something so beneficial to my health into my body :)

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:57 pm

You are very welcome my friend. I too love Bananas. It is a fruit which is available in all seasons , easy to get &  easy to eat . Thanks for  sharing your views about  Banana , which is a main fruit  of  my breakfast too.

Return to “Health And Beauty”