Going vegetarian or vegan?

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

needhelpbad

Post by needhelpbad » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:24 pm

I can't eat meat. I don't do it because I feel bad about it.

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:21 am

I was thinking about going vego,i hear what goes on before that meat gets on peoples tables,and i study animal care,anything that involves animals suffering makes me ill.....But on the other hand for me it would be hard to cut out all that stuff as my health isnt the best and cooking new things well errr im not a creative cook lol  :smt005
If i were to become vego whats the best way to keep iron levels up? I mean meat has alot that ur body needs for a healthy diet no? My dad was vego for years when he was younger and got very ill from doing that,even tho he did everything right!!!!

Cheers Tamara  :smt003
~*~* May the God and Goddess within you shine*~*~

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:01 am

Why feel bad about animals suffering and not plants suffering?

soul_flower

Post by soul_flower » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:35 pm

Thats a good point....I guess for me i can see an animal suffering,i see,feel and hear their pain.And i just dont like to see what those animals go through at a slaughter house.I feel bad because animals are better than most people i know,they respect,love and never let you down.
~*~* May the God and Goddess within you shine*~*~

earthwriter

<--- 100% Complete Vegan Here

Post by earthwriter » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:23 pm

I've been 100% complete plant-based vegan for 10+ years and I was complete 100% flesh-free vegetarian for 15+ years. &nbsp;Going 100% vegan plant-based was 1 of the best most important decisions I've ever made and I'm so grateful and happy that I did. &nbsp;

Proud and delighted to be an organic green vegan Earth Steward for Mother Earth! &nbsp;:-) &nbsp; :smt003

Making the choice to go 100% vegan plant-based is vital and integral in reducing your footprint on Mother Earth.
Wear organic or wear nothing!
http://bodyearthself.blogspot.com

usmmjenny

Wanna Be

Post by usmmjenny » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:39 am

I was a vegetarian, I tried to be vegan, but I love cheese too much. &nbsp;I became extremely anemic and surprisingly my Hindu doctor of all people told me that I needed to eat more beef in my diet. &nbsp;He said that some people just don't do go on a &nbsp;meatless diet and I'm one of them. &nbsp;Oh well, so much for saving the planet. &nbsp;Now I have to buy hormone free beef at the co-op.

sidewalk_bends

Post by sidewalk_bends » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:38 pm

soul_flower wrote:Thats a good point....I guess for me i can see an animal suffering,i see,feel and hear their pain.And i just dont like to see what those animals go through at a slaughter house.I feel bad because animals are better than most people i know,they respect,love and never let you down.
I can understand the visual aspect. It's not a pretty thing at all. But for those who do it from a spiritual point of view, aren't we all the same in spirit, plants, animals, people, others? Animals and plants feel as we feel - perhaps we need to all just listen to them a bit more?

To kill a weed or not to kill a weed?

Maybe the question should be more about waste?

Kiteyo

Post by Kiteyo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:07 am

My friend is a vegetarian, and most of the people around her are supportive, or at least not bothered by it, but some people were being really mean to her about it. So now I've given up chicken to support her. True, I never much liked chicken, and I hate eggs, but a girl's gotta eat. o.o &nbsp;My next step would probably be pork, which I don't like much either. I think I'm slowly phasing meat out of my diet...

I'm not sure how I'll ever let go of beef, though. Because, come on, who's ever heard of a WILD cow?

Kiteyo

Post by Kiteyo » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:08 am

wrong post.

Return to “Health And Beauty”