IBS

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

rozrokz

IBS

Post by rozrokz » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:26 am

I don't know if it is IBS (Irritable Bowel Sypmtoms) but I have not been able to go regularly to the loo without laxative for a couple of years now. I am worried that it might lead to problems with my intestines in the long run and trust me I tried every fibre thing there is on the market. A friend recommended some enzymes that is dispensed by a colon clinic :smt009 and i am afraid they will ask me to do an irrigation :smt089  :smt107 . Scary thought!
Hope someone can give some suggestions and advice.

seadrenea

No diagnosis??

Post by seadrenea » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:13 pm

Seriously, even if your diet is poor, this needs attention now! The test and procedures are unsettling and even embarrassing, but better than letting this problem continue!
My brother had blockage with simular symptoms for about a year. He was fixed up and outa there in a few hours, and his mind was at ease, no cancer!

IBS normally causes symptoms on the other side of irratating, like having food in your gut for only minutes before you are racing to the loo!
Dreams are the wishes that our hearts make.

justinray111

Post by justinray111 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:50 am

Ever heard of "powerplate"? well it might help but may injure you too. Alinad has a machine that has an up down motion with two footplates. This is a machine that claims to help if not cure IBS.
I am very interested and involved in human nutrition and educating people in this regard.

mum2jo

Post by mum2jo » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:35 pm

I can sympathise will you but I have the opposite problem.  I cannot leave the house without running the to toilet every 2 mins.  It is so embarrasing, I cannot go anywhere without knowing if they have a toilet and where it is located.  I have tried every medication and herbal remedy on the market but nothing helps.  

It is hard having all the tests done but please do.  If nothing else it will ease your mind.  Good luck xxx

seekerofangels

Post by seekerofangels » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:07 am

This reply is for mum2jo.  I had the EXACT thing for over 25 years.  By accident, I heard someone say that ever since they had their gall bladder removed, they had the same problem.  I had my gall bladder removed.  I did some research on the web, found some good info and then talked to my doctor.  She prescribed some medicine that is used to lower cholesterol.  

The very first dose worked like a charm!!!  I no longer decline invitations to go out to eat or shopping or anything!  I was sooooo bad, I would spend a lot of time on the side of the road, in the woods!

My doctor prescribed one packet twice a day but through my own trial and error, I found that one a day works better for me.

If you want to check it out with your doctor, it is called "Cholestyramine".  It's in powder form and you mix it with water.  It's really, really nasty tasting but it is definitely worth every nasty swallow!

Hope this helps you!!

Return to “Health And Beauty”