Aloe-vera benefits

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

richaj_13_9

Aloe-vera benefits

Post by richaj_13_9 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:44 am

Different uses of Aloe Vera for your skin and hair
If you drink aloe vera juice, here are some of the benefits you can expect:

* Good for blood circulation * Benefits and regulates blood pressure
* Good for disorders of the bones and joints * Benefits the immune system
* Defends the body against hostile organisms
* Provides exceptional nutritional value for health and energy
* Excellent for healing tissue damage inside the body

This ancient natural skin care herb protects the skin's immune cells against the damaging effects of the sun.Fresh aloe vera may be applied after any type of sun exposure. Its anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, emollient, and antimicrobial actions make it especially useful for preventing sunburn damage.

Home made Natural Sunscreen * 2 ounces sesame oil
* 2 ounces aloe vera gel
* 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
* 24 drops lavender essential oil

Method: Combine ingredients. Shake well before using. Remember, this will not provide total sun protection.

Hair pack: Lemon and aloe vera. You'll need 1/2 teaspoon aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Blend this ingredients well and add a little of your regular shampoo. Wash your hair as usual, but let the shampoo on for a few minutes. About 10-15 minutes before you wash your hair, rub a lot of aloe vera gel into your scalp. leave it on for 10 minutes, and shampoo your hair like you regulary do. if you do this everyday the dandruff will stay away.

Aloe Vera helps in the healthy growth of the outermost layer of the skin and acts as a moisturiser. So, add cucumber with Aloe juice or pulp for moisturising your skin. It works as an anti-wrinkle cream, leaving behind a glowing skin. It improves elasticity of skin and removes dryness.

Cut a leaf off an Aloe Vera plant, and open it wide. Squeeze the gel out, and apply this on your razor burned skin. Let the gel dry on your skin.

There are strong purgatives in the ‘Aloe Vera,’ leaf. So pregnant women should not use it.

renuka_ir

Post by renuka_ir » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:11 am

Thank u a bunch. I have aloe vera plant in my house that i never made use of it before. Now i know the trick. Thank you for shairing

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:03 pm

I keep a plant in my kitchen - burns and scalds, just cut a leaf wait 'til that sticky sap comes out and rub it on the burn/scald, works every time.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:36 am

[quote="Prof. Akers"]I keep a plant in my kitchen - burns and scalds, just cut a leaf wait 'til that sticky sap comes out and rub it on the burn/scald, works every time.[/quote]

why are there burns/scalds? ;-)
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:39 am

When I cook anything can happen - the other month I was browning a joint of meat before roasting, the meat slipped and a tidal wave of hot fat landed straight on my face.
Aloe vera is very handy lathered it on, no scars, nothing.
Keep it by the cooker.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:29 pm

[quote="Prof. Akers"]When I cook anything can happen - the other month I was browning a joint of meat before roasting, the meat slipped and a tidal wave of hot fat landed straight on my face.
Aloe vera is very handy lathered it on, no scars, nothing.
Keep it by the cooker.[/quote]

OUCH!!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:47 pm

please try  to  apply olive oil to ur face , it will make ur face smooth , whenever any type of burning hapens pl pour water immediately over that burn , donot wipe it harsh , take asmall smooth cloth wipe it  smoothly , and apply burnol , flamozine on that area, even turmeric can heal any kind of wound , it  works as  antiboitics , we indians use neemwith turmeric paste on wounds , to sooth them , olive oil works removing scars   if applied regularly over scars , and
rrji is correct , aeovera is a beautiful medicine , so we always find aloevera in cosmetics beauti products creams etc

keep it by the cooker , but dont boil or cook aloevera

prasanna
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

maza

Post by maza » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:32 am

thank you, I will try to use.
maza

Rising_Sun

Post by Rising_Sun » Thu May 08, 2008 1:19 pm

I have been using Aloe Vera for my skin and it has made wonders! I used to have little acne scars on my face but i don't have them anymore. Aloe vera just completely erased them. I highly recommend this miracle plant as a safe and effective treatment for acne scars.

prasanna

ALOE VERA FOR MEDICNAL USE

Post by prasanna » Thu May 08, 2008 1:28 pm

Aloe Vera for Medicinal Use

Aloe Vera is the most essential plant in the treatment of various ailments in the history of mankind. Since many years, it has been utilized for curing and can be consumed as a dietary supplement.
This plant has been used for varieties of medicinal purposes such as:-

* It is helpful in curing any type of burns, skin wounds and scalds.
   * It is also very useful in the treatment of vaginal infections, blisters, sties, herpes, insect bites, allergic reactions, urticaria, rashes, athlete’s foot, conjunctivitis, dry skin, fungus and sores.
   * It is beneficial in recovering fast after the surgery.
   * Aloe Vera is also used in treating frostbite, psoriasis, warts, eczema, shingles, acne, preventing scarring, wrinkles from aging, sunburns, rosacea and screening out X-ray radiation.

Internally, it is used in fighting against AIDS and the patients suffering from any virus or infection also consumes it daily because of its immune system refreshment properties. It is also helpful in preventing infections. It also assists the cancer patients by stimulating the development of non-cancerous cells and white blood cells.

Aloe Vera is also used widely by the National Cancer institute in their testing against fighting cancer. It is very useful in treating asthma, arthritis, heartburn, rheumatism pain and reduces the levels of blood sugar in the diabetic patients if taken orally.

Other medicinal uses of aloe Vera are it is helpful in indigestion, liver problems like hepatitis and cirrhosis, urinary tract infections, stomach ulcers, kidney infections, intestinal worms, prostate problems, congestion, colitis and many more diseases.

The patients who are consuming aloe Vera daily for treating any type of disease are getting 80 percent results. Aloe Vera can also be available in some of the products like pills, capsules, drinks, gels, tablets and ointments. One should take small doses of aloe Vera when one is taking it for the first time.

Taking aloe Vera juice is the best way to treat the disease instead of taking aloe Vera pills and capsules. It is also used in hair loss and acts as a medicinal product. Aloe Vera has been considered as a miracle plant which helps in treating numbers of skin diseases and other disorders.

It can also be taken for treating digestive problems, poor appetite and chronic constipation. It also raises the accessibility of oxygen to the skin and also elevates the strength and production of the tissue.

Therefore, aloe Vera is being used for treating innumerable diseases as its usage is vast which is recommended by the specialized doctors in the treatment of various diseases.

© 2007 www.MauritasAloeVera.com. All rights reserved.
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

prasanna

PLANT DESCRIPTION

Post by prasanna » Thu May 08, 2008 1:36 pm

Plant Description

Aloe vera

Aloe looks like a cactus, but is actually a member of the lily family. A tender tropical, native to Africa, you can grow aloe as a houseplant, in fact is it wise to do so. Not only does an aloe plant provide quick relief from a burn or scald, the potted plants have been shown to remove formaldehyde from tainted indoor air. Commercial aloe skin care products (containing stabilized aloe) rarely, if ever, pack the therapeutic punch of fresh aloe.. avoid them.

Folklore, Myths and Legends

Astrology:

folklore It is a martial plant, hot in the second degree, and dry in the third; of a very bitter taste; the juice being refined and clarified from its dross, is of a clear and blackish clean brown colour: it opens the belly, and purges cold, phlegmatic, and choleric humours which overburden and hurt the stomach: it is the basis in almost all pills and comforts, cleanses and dries up all superfluous humours. Nicholas Culpeper

folkloreAloes was employed by the ancients and was known to the Greeks as early as the forth century B.C. Uses by Dioscorides, Celsus and Pliny. It is said one of the reasons Alexander the Great invaded the Scocotra Islands was to provide Cleopatra with Aloe.
prasanna

prasanna

Post by prasanna » Thu May 08, 2008 1:42 pm

How to prepare

Use fresh pressed juice or buy only the pure gel and use topically as needed

Aloe Medicinal Properties & Benefits

Analgesic* Emollient* Anti-inflammatory* Antiseptic* Antifungal* AntiViral*

The leaf juices of the aloe plant have important medicinal uses, making aloe one of the most respected medicinal plants found in many gels, creams and lotions. Do not confuse aloe gel with aloe juice (drug aloes) , which acts as a strong laxative. Modern researchers have identified several reasons why aloe gel spurs wound healing: It has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral compounds that help prevent wound infections. It also has immune-stimulating and anti-inflammatory compounds, and it stimulates collagen synthesis and skin regeneration. Aloe gel contains vitamins C and E, plus the mineral zinc. Aloe vera gel is soothing, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial - helps heal wounds of all kinds.

Quick Tips

The thick juice from a broken leaf of Aloe may be rubbed on the skin as a beauty treatment to nourish the skin and diminish wrinkles. Wash the face with hot water and vinegar, then rub on the Aloe and allow to remain on skin all night.

As soon as you suffer a burn, break or cut off an outer leaf of an Aloe plant, split it open with your fingernails, and squeeze the leaf gel onto the burn

Use pure aloe vera gel to quell the sting of herpes lesions.
prasanna

bas32005

good

Post by bas32005 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:46 pm

wdedewd

bas32005

grfge

Post by bas32005 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:47 pm

good

bas32005

rgfdsf

Post by bas32005 » Thu May 08, 2008 1:49 pm

ggefokbgbotg