SOUND SLEEP

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Pravin Kumar

SOUND SLEEP

Post by Pravin Kumar » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:27 am

SOUND SLEEP: For many sound sleep is something impossible to imagine. In my earlier days of travelling whenever I got a chance in Summer I would prefer sleeping on the terrace of the hotel or in the open. Just looking at the Stars and the sky above gave one a light sleep which energises the whole body. This is not possible in rainy and cold season.

So there is another method: After 30 minutes of having meals in the night take a brisk walk for 20 to 30 minutes and then you can go to sleep. You will have a sound refreshing sleep.

There are various exercises in meditation which tires your mind out and makes you go to sleep. People who do not get sleep at all get it the very next day.

Draw an imaginary Circle. Write 1 in the circle. Rub it. Then write 2 rub it and then write 3 and go on so forth. Gradually by the time you reach 20 or 30 you will be fast asleep. The reasoning the mind gets so tired of following the writing and rubbing that the senses get tired and sleep follows. You can devise your own methods which confuses your mind so that you go to sleep.

Pravin Kumar

tourbi

Post by tourbi » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:23 pm

Thank you.  I walk with the Lady at night before sleep, discuss the day, listen to her sharing with me.
I surrender the day and all that happened to the Lady, ask she return energy I may have picked up from others to them.  Then do a Violet light to release all negative energy.  Thank the light and close my eyes and I'm sound asleep.
Stand in Love,Walk in Love, Live in Love ड़ारा
Nora Roberts
Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:01 am

[quote="tourbi"]Thank you.  I walk with the Lady at night before sleep, discuss the day, listen to her sharing with me.
I surrender the day and all that happened to the Lady, ask she return energy I may have picked up from others to them.  Then do a Violet light to release all negative energy.  Thank the light and close my eyes and I'm sound asleep.[/quote]

INTERESTING! I just count sheep! I just make sure that I do not get too close to them and if I do, I make sure that my nose is pinched!!
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

bybybybyon

Post by bybybybyon » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Thank you. I think yoga nidra is needed for a sound sleep.

xxxheatherbearxxx

Post by xxxheatherbearxxx » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:44 am

thank you. i will have to try a couple of these ideas.

Prof. Akers

Post by Prof. Akers » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:52 am

This whole thing about sleep is really curious, over the past year I've been through what most people would describe as a taxing time, cancer operation, follow up operation, son dying and I'm sleeping like a top. Could be exhaustion bit I don't think so.
I use a mental box - imagine a big old brass bound cabin trunk with a great big lock.
If I start thinking about something I'm not ready to deal with yet I open the lock, heave the creaking lid back and throw it the trunk, force the lid back down and lock it tight. If the thought comes back or I get another I just repeat the sequence.
Eventually the trunk fills up and my mind empties and I sleep.
Then when I'm feeling balanced I open it up and deal with what I've put in there.
Works for me anyway.
Some days you are the cart and other days the horse; either way you still get shafted.

"I thought you'd be bigger," (read it how you will).

mk

Post by mk » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:00 pm

thanx will try

RoseRed

Post by RoseRed » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:54 pm

I really like the circle thing, just thinking about how one would go about imagining that in my mind's eye made me all sleepy.
tourbi wrote:Thank you.  I walk with the Lady at night before sleep, discuss the day, listen to her sharing with me.
I surrender the day and all that happened to the Lady, ask she return energy I may have picked up from others to them.  Then do a Violet light to release all negative energy.  Thank the light and close my eyes and I'm sound asleep.
That is the most beautiful way of winding down- it also just stuck out at me cause i have only really come across the returning others energy to them about 3 months ago. And by you mentioning it now confirmed it for me.
Thank you very much for sharing. :)

Prof. Akers, thats a great technique - also highlighted something for me, cause I was wondering what one does with those extra pesky thoughts that seem to not want to listen to one.
I would be worried that I wouldn't want to open the box again...hahaha! Pandora's box  :smt002
and my condolences about your son...xx
To Err, Human
To Forgive, Divine

Medical Astrology

Post by Medical Astrology » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:42 am

Sound sleep is essential for good health.

Drinking a glass of hot milk with a little ghee in it, just before bedtime, helps in falling asleep.
Milk contains large amounts of Tryptophan, an amino acid which induces sleep.

For some reason, cold milk does not act as effectively as warm or hot milk.
Ghee gives satiety to both, body and mind and helps to relax them.
Dr. Jayashree Joshi, (MD) Physician and Herbalist
EXCLUSIVE FOCUS ON HEALTH ISSUES, with solutions through VEDIC ASTROLOGY.

srimathi29

EASY WAY TO GET SOUND SLEEP!

Post by srimathi29 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:55 pm

Hello friends!
                    If you don't get sleep during night, there are many reasons,so just try counting back wards from 100 to1(2times) then see the wonderful result.

misty sur

Post by misty sur » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:38 am

counting sheep is an old method but drawing circle is a new one. interesting. will definitely try if don't get a sound sleep.
Have fun, have faith in yourself and always have the best food!

swetha
Site Admin

Post by swetha » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:53 am

If you chant something that is special to you is also a good way.

srimathi29

Counting

Post by srimathi29 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:11 pm

When i was in school our sister taught us to count backwards from 100 to 1 to get sound sleep.

sarika

some ways.. and help required..

Post by sarika » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:32 am

I walk everyday - morning or may be in the evening.. for atleast 30 to 45 minutes.. Its  one good way of exercise too.. also nowadays people have stopped walking..
for a short distance also we use today our vehicles or catch a auto..:)

Makes me a bit tired and I fall asleep easily..

But there is on problem.. On sunday nights I get very less of sleep.. Since I am at home on the weekends.. I dont get too much tired

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:27 pm

I forget when i last had a sound sleep. I am suffering a lot of sleeping problem

Return to “Health And Beauty”