Todays vegetable-bitter guard

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

prasanna

Todays vegetable-bitter guard

Post by prasanna » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:54 am

1.  Home >
  2. Health >
  3. Diseases & Conditions >
  4. Diabetes >

What is the action of bitterguard in diabetes control?
Bitterguard is recommended for diabetic patients.how does it help them?what is its action?

* 1 year ago

Report It
mallimalar_2000's Avatar by mallimal...

Total points:
   74442 (Level 7)

* Add to My Contacts
   * Block User

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
(m)

Bitter Melon (Latin name: Momordica Charantia)
Bitter Melon, also known as Bitter Gourd, has been traditionally used to regulate blood sugar levels within the normal limits as it promotes utilization of Glucose. It contains Gurmarin, a polypeptide considered to be similar to bovine insulin, which has been shown in experimentalstudies to achieve a positive sugar regulating effect by suppressing the neural response to sweet taste stimuli. Bitter Melon is a natural source of Vitamin C and has also been reported to show hypocholesteroemic activity.

* 1 year ago

Source(s):
http://www.herbalprovider.com/gluco-care..

sanjana's Avatar    by  sanjana

Total points:
   1812 (Level 3)

kerala in hindi, this bittergourd is a plant with high dose of insulin, so you tend to reduce the glucose level naturally, you cna take juice or it is also available in powder form, in india, we make it as a vaegetable and we all relish it, but the raw juice is most effective.

I have selected a related and fine answers about bitter guard controloing diabetics, if anybody further wish the recipes , then i can write them .

prasanna
prasanna

LEAD, KINDLY LIGHT. LOVE IS GOD, LOVE IS OCEAN, " Love Is Eternal. " LIVE TO LOVE TO LIVE.

Return to “Health And Beauty”