Benefits of vegetables

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Barryel

Benefits of vegetables

Post by Barryel » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:54 am

Hi All,
We must eat vegetables more in our diet plan as they are great for health. Some benefits of vegetables are:
They are great to reduce weight,
They prevent from certain types of cancer,
They stabilize blood pressure,
They prevent from diabetes,
They are great antioxidant,
They are used to treat asthma, coughs, common colds and flu,
They strengthens the bones,
They helps in better sleep.
Barryel

Vivek Trivedi

Post by Vivek Trivedi » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:40 am

Vegetable nutrition has widely drawn the attention of fitness conscious as well as food scientists alike for their proven health benefits. Many vegetables are very low in calories, such as celery which is even as less than 10 cal per 100 g and here is the long list of vegetables whose calorie is less than 20 per 100 g: Bottle gourd, Bitter melon, Cabbage, Chinese cabbage, Bok choy, Eggplant, Endive, Spinach, Summer squash, Swiss chard, etc.  Scientific studies have shown that low calorie but nutrient rich foods help body stay fit and disease free.

And, also our body spends considerable amount of energy during digestion of foods which is known as BMR or Basal metabolism rate. So just imagine…..when you add more vegetable nutrition in the diet, in fact you set to lose more weight than you would gain…Right!..This is the concept behind the "negative calorie foods".

Shown

Post by Shown » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:28 pm

Vegetables have so many health benefits. Vegetables are low calories food that is good for weight lose. Vegetables are best diet food and keep us healthy. With eating vegetables daily we can prevent with so many diseases.

Gold Coast Gym

Qizmo

re:

Post by Qizmo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:36 pm

I knew already knew that vegetables where good for you. I try and eat as much as I can and in all of my meals.
Link Edited. contact admin for more info.

John222

Post by John222 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 am

Well, I am totally agree that vegetables have numerous benefits for our body.
Mixed vegetable soup is really helpful to reduce body fat level. Vegetables are good source of vitamins and minerals. Cabbage is a good source of protein. Vegetables are good for our skin and protect us from many diseases.
John-John

John222

Post by John222 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 am

Well, I am totally agree that vegetables have numerous benefits for our body.
Mixed vegetable soup is really helpful to reduce body fat level. Vegetables are good source of vitamins and minerals. Cabbage is a good source of protein. Vegetables are good for our skin and protect us from many diseases.
John-John

symulhaque

Post by symulhaque » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:48 pm

The structure of human teeth indicates that primitive humans were all vegetarian. And they used to maintain a sound health than today's people, So vegetables are really good for health.
symulhaqu07eee

Return to “Health And Beauty”