HOW TO REDUCE WEIGHT NATURALLY

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Talia wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
eye_of_tiger wrote:I have found both with drugs prescribed by my doctor as well as with natural alternatives such as this one, that any benefits of taking it often quickly fade to nothing after approximately three days of using it as instructed.

Yes, it is the well-known placebo effect.

*Marketers* love it, consumers (should) dread it! ;-)
Yes that is the placebo efffect we hope and expect the medicine to work at first. Not me if that happens I go back and get a different medicine that does work, you are
Modern medicines (pharmaceuticals) are regulated by govts. and must go through clinical trials. Weeding out placebo effects is a big part and parcel of these as well as efficacy determination (risk-benefit ratio).

In comparison, nutraceuticals and other similar lotions and potions rely on impressions, anecdotes, etc and at times plain untruths. Unfortunately this buries the potentially effective ones amongst the haystack of info.

ON Internet ;-P
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:37 pm

Hi all,

Sorry my hubby used the home computer for work for the past 2 days and I could not lay my hands on it (and thus stayed away from internet too).

Talia,

I'm vegetarian, but Lacto one who takes dairy (not vegan that is).

EOT ji,

In general, I was of the opinion that anyone seriously obese are good candidates for bariatric surgery - by which I mean all those who are in the 'qualify' list given in your synopsis - such as having BMI more than 40 or are having diseases related to obesity. I have neither of these. Hence I think (only think :)) that I may not qualify for Bariatric surgery.
Last edited by Jayashree Ravi on Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayashree Ravi

Post by Jayashree Ravi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:49 pm

What bothers me is that so many people are ready to call others the "fat" word so easily... when I was 80 lbs overweight in 2013, I was called "it" in every nook and corner! It amazes me how insensitive people can be to shame others on their fatness! Afterall, to many (including the famous Aishwarya Rai) pregnancy packs on pounds, and multiply these pounds with the number of pregnancies, and you easily get someone "fat".
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:44 am

It amazes me how insensitive people can be to shame others on their fatness
It no longer amazes but deeply saddens me how insensitive people can be to anyone who is in any way different from them.

Which because we are all unique means everyone.

EoT  :smt009

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:46 am

Rohiniranjan wrote:
Talia wrote:
Rohiniranjan wrote:
eye_of_tiger wrote:I have found both with drugs prescribed by my doctor as well as with natural alternatives such as this one, that any benefits of taking it often quickly fade to nothing after approximately three days of using it as instructed.

Yes, it is the well-known placebo effect.

*Marketers* love it, consumers (should) dread it! ;-)
Yes that is the placebo efffect we hope and expect the medicine to work at first. Not me if that happens I go back and get a different medicine that does work, you are
Modern medicines (pharmaceuticals) are regulated by govts. and must go through clinical trials. Weeding out placebo effects is a big part and parcel of these as well as efficacy determination (risk-benefit ratio).

In comparison, nutraceuticals and other similar lotions and potions rely on impressions, anecdotes, etc and at times plain untruths. Unfortunately this buries the potentially effective ones amongst the haystack of info.

ON Internet ;-P
Oh wise one I have to disagree, to me the placebo effect I am talking about comes from the patient's own mind, nothing to do with the drug at all. It is the brain that breathes a huge sigh of relief help is at hand and it slowly winds down the production of endorphins and other helpful hormones expecting the drug to take over, when it doesn't the body panics.

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:48 am

Jayashree Ravi wrote:Hi all,

Sorry my hubby used the home computer for work for the past 2 days and I could not lay my hands on it (and thus stayed away from internet too).

Talia,

I'm vegetarian, but Lacto one who takes dairy (not vegan that is).
I found it very difficult to diet when I was vegan, I now take a little meat and fish and it seems the density of those foods make it easier to feel full.

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Yes -- the inner healer.

Mind over matter...! :smt004
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Talia

Post by Talia » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:06 pm

What is the retort, You don't mind and I don't matter or something along those lines lol?

Rohiniranjan

Post by Rohiniranjan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:51 am

Talia wrote:What is the retort, You don't mind and I don't matter or something along those lines lol?
Must be profound. Let me think about that...! :smt020
Rohiniranjan
========
JYO-LOGUE

Return to “Health And Beauty”