LAPTOP USERS: BE AWARE!

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

symulhaque

LAPTOP USERS: BE AWARE!

Post by symulhaque » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:33 pm

couple lost their 25 year old son in a fire at home on June 4th. The son who had graduated with MBA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison two weeks earlier had come home for a while. He had lunch with his dad at home and decided to go back to clean up his hostel room. His father told him to wait, to meet his mother, before he went back for a few days. He decided to take a nap while waiting for his mom to come back home from work. Some time later their neighbors called 911 when they saw black smoke coming out of the house.

Unfortunately, the 25 years old died in the three year old house. It took several days of investigation to find out the cause of the fire. It was determined that the fire was caused by the laptop resting on the bed. When the laptop was on the bed cooling fan did not get the air to cool the computer and that is what caused the fire. He did not even wake up to get out of the bed because he died of breathing in carbon monoxide.
symulhaqu07eee

MisterMarine0

I know this one

Post by MisterMarine0 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:02 pm

The cooling fan did work.  There are usually air vents on the bottom of the laptop for air flow.  When I kept my laptop on the bed, it would feel so hot.  The ironic part is: It was designed to operate on the lap of a person.  It does not work that well.

Return to “Health And Beauty”