How many days do you think I need to take off work to undergo a mommy makeover?

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

PatriciaFisher

How many days do you think I need to take off work to undergo a mommy makeover?

Post by PatriciaFisher » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:09 am

I have a strong desire for years to eliminate the extra fat and pounds that showcase my tummy. Also, I would like to do a breast reduction. They are too big, but very much kind of saggy now. I'm looking into undergoing a mommy makeover in a clinic in Toronto, planning to have a consultation with the surgeon Dr. Ronald Levine. I have talked with DH, he doesn't have any problem with me undergoing the surgery, in fact he is very supportive. But none of my friends or relatives have undergone a mommy makeover so I don't know more about the surgery. How many days do you think I need to take off work to undergo and completely recover from the surgery?
Last edited by PatriciaFisher on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Post by eye_of_tiger » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:29 am

Patricia,

Even the surgeons at the makeover clinic could not accurately predict the exact number of days which you will need to take off from work to recover.

That will depend upon several different factors, both known and unknown.

These factors would include, but not be limited to the following.

Your overall level of fitness, how quickly your get over the effects of any anesthetics used, rate of wound healing, immune function and absence of any infections, the localised blood supply to those particular areas of your body, whether you smoke or drink alcohol excessively, any pre-existing medical conditions, the type of job which you have and how much stretching and physical effort is required upon your return to work.

Your age should be an advantage or plus to your expected rate of recovery.

It is usually not necessary for you to completely recover from any type of surgery, in order to be able to return to work (unless your job is especially physically and mentally demanding). A complete recovery could possibly take several months in some extreme cases, but few people could afford such a prolonged period of recovery and perhaps rehabilitation, without some form of income insurance or extra financial support.

The consultants at the clinic or your GP would probably be able to give you a better estimate of the average recovery time that you would normally expect for a woman with your unique medical profile and age group, but as for anything more precise than that as they say, if God knows how long it will be for you to recover from the operation to the extent that you can safely return to your work duties, he or she is not unfortunately and currently giving anybody I know of a definite answer.

Take good care of yourself, and all the best for your surgery and recovery.

L&L,

EoT :smt024

PS: Please note that links to external websites are not allowed on Mystic Board.

Return to “Health And Beauty”