Has anyone had liposuction surgery?

If health is wealth, then surely beauty is what reflects it.

Moderators: eye_of_tiger, shalimar123

VilmaHartman

Has anyone had liposuction surgery?

Post by VilmaHartman » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:56 am

Hi, I'm almost prepared to undergo liposuction surgery in a clinic in Barrie, Lakeview Surgery Centre. Has anyone had the same surgery? I'm just curious to know how you maintain the results of liposuction. I have made an appointment with the surgeon next week and will be asking about this. Before that I would like to read some of yours experiences with the surgery.

eye_of_tiger
Site Admin

Liposuction does not prevent you from gaining weight It only removes what is already there

Post by eye_of_tiger » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:33 am

Vilma,

You have not had any responses so far, and I have had no personal experience with liposuction surgery myself.

But the following quote and web page might be helpful to you in answering this very important question while you are still waiting, both for any responses to this posting, as well as for the surgery itself.
The best way to look at it is that liposuction is a second chance at a nice body. You blew it the first time and needed the liposuction to get rid of the fat. Now that you have had the liposuction, don't blow it again. If you maintain a healthy diet and regular exercise, you should be fine. If you do gain weight again, a smaller proportion of fat will go to the areas that you had liposuctioned, but you will get the fat in a higher proportion in other areas of your body. Liposuction does not prevent you from gaining weight, it only removes the weight that is already there.

Good luck and enjoy your liposuction results.

David Shafer, MD
Shafer Plastic Surgery
New York City  
Source: http://www.realself.com/question/is-it- ... po-results

Return to “Health And Beauty”